UNDP BIOFIN Environmental Finance Officer Jobs 2023 – Zambia NGO Jobs. UNDP Zambia looking for “BIOFIN Environmental Finance Officer“. Applicants with a degree in Bachelor Degree may apply on or before 22nd June 2023.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on 9th June 2023 for qualified Zambians to fill in the vacant post of BIOFIN Environmental Finance Officer to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
UNDP Job Vacancy 2023
Description Of Tasks: Under the direct supervision of the BIOFIN Country Team Lead, the BIOFIN Environmental Finance Officer will undertake the following tasks:
- Lead on data mining and research on various data requirements needed for policy formulation related to biodiversity finance and other related environmental facets such as climate change and land degradation;
- Assist the BIOFIN Zambia Programme Specialist in undertaking various consultations within the financial sector and other key stakeholders such as Government, international development institutions, academia, etc. on steps towards full development of Zambia’s green finance agenda;
- Assist the BIOFIN Zambia Team Lead in analyzing and proposing policy options to promote biodiversity investment and direct expenditure/budget decisions to support biodiversity and ecosystems management;
- Assist the BIOFIN Programme Specialist in the preparation for workshops, meetings, networking and presentations on a range of topics;
- Assist the BIOFIN Team Lead in report writing and document preparation, such as policy and information notes to communicate BIOFIN objectives and results to key stakeholders;
- Responsible for periodic reporting to stakeholders notably the BIOFIN Global Office, UNDP Country Office, Green Finance Mainstreaming Working Group and the Government of Zambia.
Position in Organization:
- BIOFIN Environmental Finance Officer
- Assignment country: Zambia
- Expected start date: 03/07/2023
- Sustainable Development Goal: 13. Climate action
- Volunteer category: National UN Volunteer Specialist
- DoA reserved for persons with disabilities: No
- Host entity: UNDP
- Type: Onsite
- Duration: 24 months
- (with possibility of extension)
- Number of assignments: 1
- Duty stations: Lusaka
- Deadline: 22nd June 2023
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in.
- 3 years of experience in
- At least 1 year experience as an economist, development or sustainable finance professional with evident experience in research preferably in natural resources;
- Experience of working in biodiversity finance, climate finance;
- Experience of working with Governmental, academia, and international organizations/institutions; knowledge of UN/UNDP;
- Experience working with financial sector regulators i.e., banking, capital markets, pension, and insurance will be an added advantage.
How to Apply UNDP BIOFIN Environmental Finance Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://app.unv.org/opportunities/1726603266583808
The Closing Date: 22nd June 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.