UNDP Climate and Security Programme Analyst Jobs 2023 – South Sudan NGO Jobs. UNDP South Sudan looking for “Climate and Security Programme Analyst“. Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 22nd March 2023.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on 08th March 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Climate and Security Programme Analyst to be based in Juba, South Sudan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the application of climate and security, especially with a gender lens, in UNMISS procedures and practice areas such as conflict-sensitive analyses, peace mediation, and enhancing peaceful coexistence between communities;
- Undertake the characterization of the diverse climate-related security risk profiles of different regions and locations of UNMISS operations in South Sudan;
- Enhance the understanding of climate-related security risks, and the basic capacity of key staff to conduct integrated climate-related security risk analyses in UNMISS field missions and peacebuilding operations;
- Organize training workshops for UNMISS field missions in customizing climate security within the context of their field operations, and designing methods for data collection relevant for situation analysis, local conflict analysis, and formulation of response actions;
- Support UN agencies under the UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework, in integrating climate-related and security risks analysis into their strategic priorities, programming and operational plans;
- Support the application of climate security within the Humanitarian, Peace and Development nexus approach under the UNCT;
- Support the activities of the Climate and Security Working Group in programming meetings, preparing updates, reports, and coordinating joint activities, (e.g., field trips, workshops etc.);
- Support the development of a robust multi-dimensional early warning and preparedness system that integrates climate and security alertness for South Sudan;
- Develop knowledge products (policy brief, technical notes etc.), preparing of reports, talking points, updates etc;
- Support awareness raising, advocacy, communication and visibility actions on climate and Security by the UN in South Sudan;
- Support the government with the strategic orientation of climate and security for the implementation of the NDC, NAP and other national plan and policies;
- Other services as required.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in climate change, environment and natural sciences, economics, water resources, land management or a related area is required.
- A first-level university degree (Bachelor’s degree) in relevant field in combination with two additional years of qualifying work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 2 years (Bachelor’s degree) of progressively responsible working experience on climate change is required;
- At least Two (2) years of work experience in regional or international organizations, preferably within the UN system or similar organization is required;
- Experience working on climate adaptation issues at global and national levels is desirable;
- Experience of ecosystem-based adaptation; familiarity with key climate adaptation stakeholders and networks is desirable;
- Experience working in South Sudan and/or the Horn of Africa is desirable.
- Excellent English Language is required.
- Arabic is an advantage.
- Job Identification: 9029
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Contract Duration: 1 Year
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNDP Climate and Security Programme Analyst Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI………
The Closing Date: 22nd March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.