UNDP Digital Finance Services Specialist Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNDP Ethiopia looking for “Digital Finance Services Specialist“. Applicants with a Master’s Degree may apply on or before September 21, 2023.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on September 06, 2023 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Digital Finance Services Specialist to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNDP Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
The DFS Specialist will support achieving these goals as a Digital Finance expert based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The DFS Specialist’s responsibilities will cover the following broad functional areas:
Facilitation and collaboration on knowledge building and communication:
- Prepare and implement the project’s knowledge and communication plans;
- Initiation of tailored research(es) in search of practical alternatives and innovative approaches for assigned projects in the country or out of the country;
- Support the development of governance structure and system for knowledge development and communication – promoting platforms for sharing of best practices, data and learning for access by partners and stakeholders;
- Coordinate with the DFS working group of the finance sector that is supported by UNCDF for knowledge sharing, peer learning and information dissemination;
- Develop internal and external communications materials such as briefing notes, blog posts and videos to share relevant information and insights;
- Track evidence related to emerging trends in digital financial service enablers that may complement the work being done in the country;
- Prepare technical documents such as Requests for Applications for partners, Presentations, meeting minutes, project documents, project workbooks, and others as may be required.
Monitoring and evaluation:
- Monitoring the progress of implementation of project activities and key event schedules observing the work-plans and set deadlines including monitoring of implementation organizations and service providers;
- Preparing project progress reports (progress against planned activities, an update on risks issues, …) and ensuring timely submission of the reports;
- Focus on impact and results for clients and stakeholders.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: Digital Finance Services (DFS) Specialist
- Job Identification: 13458
- Locations: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Posting Date: 06/09/2023, 20:45
- Apply Before: 21/09/2023, 09:29
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Agency: UNCDF
- Grade: NPSA-11
- Vacancy Type: National Personnel Service Agreement
- Practice Area: SDG Finance
- Bureau: Regional Bureau for Africa
- Contract Duration: 1 Year with Possibility for extension
- Vacancy Timeline: 2 Weeks
Educational Qualification and Experience:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in Economics, Project Management, Management, Banking and Finance, Data Analytics, or a similar field is required;
- A first level university degree (Bachelor’s degree) in a relevant field with additional 2 years of qualifying experience will be given due consideration in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- A minimum of 7 years (with a Master’s degree) or 9 years (with Bachelor’s degree) of relevant professional experience in the areas of financial services (digital), distribution, supply chain management, business administration, or related experiences.
- Proficiency in written and verbal English is mandatory. Knowledge of other local languages used in the Ethiopia is a requirement.
How to Apply UNDP Digital Finance Services Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: September 21, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.