UNDP Durable Solutions Analyst Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
UNDP Ethiopia looking for “Durable Solutions Analyst”.
Applicants with an Advanced University Degree may apply on or before December 02, 2023.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is a United Nations agency tasked with helping countries eliminate poverty and achieve sustainable economic growth and human development. The UNDP emphasizes developing local capacity towards long-term self-sufficiency and prosperity. Based at United Nations Headquarters in New York City, it is the largest UN development aid agency, with offices in 177 countries. The UNDP is funded entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states.
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on November 18, 2023 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Durable Solutions Analyst to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNDP Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
Data, Analysis and Use of Evidence for Solutions
- Assist Durable Solutions Working Groups (DSWG) both at Federal and regional levels in provision of analytical work
- Support PSP team and DSWGs in developing tools, methods, instruments for Durable Solutions analysis for informed action planning
- Based on lessons from the Durable Solutions Initiative and other relevant solutions efforts in Ethiopia, support the consolidation of DS efforts in the perspective of HDP nexus.
- Lead in developing a methodology to ensure collected data feed into the Durable Solutions indicator framework.
- Support the DSWG to use data to inform strategic decision-making on Durable Solutions and peacebuilding.
- Conduct and maintain an information landscape through assessments, data system development, stakeholders mapping, compilation of initiatives and policies to support the coordination of solutions efforts.
- Set up user-friendly platform where DS monitoring data can be accessed and monitored.
Policy Support and Coordination
- Active engagement in coordinating solutions to IDP reintegration in collaboration with regional governments and within the humanitarian coordination system and other platforms.
- Support the DSWG members in data collection efforts of in order to ensure aligned and shared evidence based joint programming and policy advocacy, and for application of Durable Solutions’ best practices and frameworks in the context of Ethiopia.
- Strengthen the DSWG to support government in its ability to undertake solutions to end displacement.
- Participate/support/engage in frequent Coordination meetings around data and evidence for Durable Solutions.
- Identify and engage with key government stakeholders on measuring progress towards Durable Solutions on regional and national level.
- Consolidate and maintain an effective coordination platform for data harmonization.
- Identify relevant stakeholders and partners and ensure their sustained buy-in.
- Ensure adherence of UNDP-supported work to safeguards: HACT, ESS, human rights, ‘leaving no one behind’, and ‘doing no harm’, updates risks and risk mitigation, to inform future plans and progress on
- Forge close and practical working relationships with the humanitarian cluster system to ensure that HDP nexus issues are addressed on the ground,
- Ensures that approaches to gender equality are integrated into all aspects of planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation.
Position in Organization:
- Job Identification: 14753
- Locations: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Posting Date: 17/11/2023, 16:00
- Apply Before: 02/12/2023, 10:29
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Agency: UNDP
- Grade: NPSA-9
- Vacancy Type: National Personnel Service Agreement
- Practice Area: Conflict Prevention, Peacebuilding and Responsive Institutions
- Contract Duration: 1 Year with Possibility for extension
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in economics, other social sciences, development studies, project management or related fields of study is required. A first-level university degree in similar fields in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least two years (with masters) and four years (with Bachelors degree) of progressive experience in implementation and management of multi-donor and multi-sector post-conflict recovery and development programmes/projects at national or international levels.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and local language of the duty station is a requirement.
How to Apply UNDP Durable Solutions Analyst Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: December 02, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.