UNDP Durable Solutions Specialist Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
UNDP Ethiopia looking for “Durable Solutions Specialist”.
Applicants with an Advanced University Degree may apply on or before December 02, 2023.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is a United Nations agency tasked with helping countries eliminate poverty and achieve sustainable economic growth and human development. The UNDP emphasizes developing local capacity towards long-term self-sufficiency and prosperity. Based at United Nations Headquarters in New York City, it is the largest UN development aid agency, with offices in 177 countries. The UNDP is funded entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states.
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on November 18, 2023 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Durable Solutions Specialist to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNDP Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent UNDP Ethiopia CO, participate in and co-chair the N-DSWG meetings and activities, leading the operationalization of IDP policies and solutions from Nexus strategy perspective.
- Collaborate with IOM, UNHCR and other UN agencies to effectively lead the federal SWG and make it functional towards designing and executing concrete durable solutions interventions and actions both in Northern Ethiopia and Somali region.
- Support and facilitate the collaboration and coordination of federal-level DSWG with regional DSWG to advance practical solutions on the ground. This will be done in close collaboration with and under the guidance of both Federal and Regional SWGs and local authorities, and potentially the Recovery and Rehabilitation (R&R) Offices supported by UNDP.
- Providing guidance and technical support to the Regional -DSWGs, which are operationalizing return plans and strategies, and IDPs solutions at the regional level.
- In collaboration with other UN agencies (IOM and UNHCR), facilitate the ratification of IDP proclamation as well as development of IDP or Durable Solutions Strategies in each of the target regions.
- In collaboration with others, advocate and influence policy to find lasting political solutions to address the root causes of particularly conflict driven displacement in Ethiopia and to accelerate return or relocation and reintegration of IDPs.
- Engagement at the policy level to support the integration of IDPs into development plans and programs to ensure permanent solutions and end displacement in line with UNDP’s broader support of the UNSG action agenda on Internal displacement.
- Provide technical advice to UNDP Country Office Team on sustainable solutions in displacement situations, enhancing UNDP’s thought-leadership in convening and participating in coordination platforms and working groups and other forums to develop sustainable development responses and solutions to the IDPs in Ethiopia.
- Support the CO in developing solutions data analysis and policy, through follow up on the JIPs scoping mission and by linking developmental profiling and assessments, data, and policy to better understand facts and experiences of IDPs, host and affected communities and local governments disaggregated by gender and age, in the target regions.
- Support the CO leadership in strengthening the development approach to displacement solutions in regional strategies and assessments, in the short, medium, and long terms to address potential and existing protracted displacement (plan and budget).
- Support the implementation of the UNDP engagement strategy and programmatic approaches to sustainable solutions to displacement, in response and recovery processes, in complement with and alongside humanitarian assistance.
- Support mainstreaming the response to IDPs across all sectors, complementary to humanitarian IDP return packages, and in the peace support facility.
Position in Organization:
- Job Identification: 14754
- Locations: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Posting Date: 17/11/2023, 17:25
- Apply Before: 02/12/2023, 10:29
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Agency: UNDP
- Grade: NPSA-11
- Vacancy Type: National Personnel Service Agreement
- Practice Area: Conflict Prevention, Peacebuilding and Responsive Institutions
- Contract Duration: 1 Year with Possibility for extension
- Advanced university degree(Master’s degree or equivalent) in social works, political science, development studies, economics or other social sciences or related fields of study is required. A first-level university degree in similar fields in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree
- At least seven years with Masters and nine years with bachelors of progressive experience in implementation and management of multi-donor and multi-sector post-conflict recovery and development programmes/projects focusing on IDPs at national or international levels is required.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and local language of the duty station is a requirement.
How to Apply UNDP Durable Solutions Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: December 02, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.