UNDP Finance Assistant Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. UNDP Nigeria looking for “Finance Assistant”. Applicants with a Secondary education may apply on or before 16 June 2023.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on 06 June 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Finance Assistant to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
UNDP Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure full compliance of financial processes and financial records with UNDP Programme and Operations Policies and Procedures (POPP) and strategies.
- Provide input to the Finance unit and office management in preparing and reviewing CO business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal standard operating procedures in finance in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
- Provide inputs for preparation of cost-recovery and Direct Project Costs (DPC) bills in ERP for the services provided by UNDP, and follow up on cost recovery.
- Provide support in ensuring proper control of the supporting documents for payment invoices and proper document management including systematic archiving.
- Prepare financial reports for non-development projects and management funds/budget balance.
- Prepare all types of invoices for projects and on behalf of UNOPS and non-ERP Agencies.
- Secondary education with specialized certification in accounting and/or finance. A university degree in finance or accounting is desirable. Part-qualified accountants from an internationally accredited institute of accountancy will have a distinct advantage.
- Candidates with accountancy certification from an internationally accredited institute of accountancy will have a distinct advantage. Candidates without certification but with relevant experience must complete the UNDP Finance Training and Certification Programme (FTCP), if recruited.
- 5 years (with high school diploma) or 2 years (with bachelor’s degree) of progressively responsible finance and accounting experience at the national or international level is required.
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advanced knowledge of spreadsheets and web-based management systems such as ERP financials and database packages.
- Knowledge of IPSAS and/or IFRS is desired.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNDP Finance Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 16 June 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.