UNDP Finance Officer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNDP Ethiopia looking for “Finance Officer“. Applicants with a degree in Masters Degree may apply on or before 28th April 2023.
UNDP first signed its agreement of cooperation with Ethiopia back in February 1981. Since then, UNDP has focused on providing Ethiopia with strategic support to build the capacity of national institutions to enhance the country’s development results. Moreover, UNDP’s interventions prioritise long-term development impacts to build a resilient nation by informing policies, as well as implementing activities at the community level.
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on 13th April 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Finance Officer to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNDP Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and maintain the project budget in collaboration with the project team and partners.
- Monitor and track project expenditures against the approved budget.
- Forecast cash flow needs and manage project funds accordingly.
- Assist the project team in identifying and addressing any financial risks or issues.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports based in compliance with donor requirements and UNDP organizational standards.
- Analyze financial data to identify trends, areas of improvement, and potential challenges.
- Provide the project team with regular financial updates and insights to inform decision-making.
- Full compliance with UNDP POPP /NIM (National implementation modality)/ DIM (Direct Implementation Modality) manual, rules and regulations of financial processes, financial records and reports and proper planning, supporting follow up of audit, implementation of the effective internal control framework.
- Ensure adherence to UNDP financial policies and procedures, including procurement, contracting, and grant management.
- Coordinate and support external and internal audits, ensuring timely and accurate completion of all required documentation.
- Implement and maintain effective internal controls to mitigate financial risks to the project.
- Provide guidance and training to project staff and partners on financial management best practices, policies, and procedures.
- Collaborate with the project team and partners to build financial management capacity, ensuring understanding and compliance with financial requirements.
- Participate in project meetings and contribute to project planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Assist with the development of project proposals, budgets, and other financial documents as needed.
Position in Organization:
- Finance Officer
- Job Identification: 9916
- Locations: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Posting Date: 04/13/2023, 02:06 PM
- Apply Before: 04/28/2023, 09:29 AM
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Agency: UNDP
- Grade: NPSA-8
- Vacancy Type: National Personnel Service Agreement
- Practice Area: Management
- Contract Duration: 1 Year
- Education & Work Experience: Bachelor’s Degree
- Other Criteria: 2 years experience
- Required Languages: English
- Vacancy Timeline: 2 Weeks
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in finance, Business Administration or related discipline.
- Two Years Experience.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Experience in accounting information systems, auditing and exposure to accounting software and ICT is desired
- Working experience with UNDP/any UN Agency is an asset.
How to Apply UNDP Finance Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/requisitions/job/9916
The Closing Date: 28th April 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.