UNDP Finance Specialist Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
UNDP Ethiopia looking for “Finance Specialist”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before December 02, 2023.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is a United Nations agency tasked with helping countries eliminate poverty and achieve sustainable economic growth and human development. The UNDP emphasizes developing local capacity towards long-term self-sufficiency and prosperity. Based at United Nations Headquarters in New York City, it is the largest UN development aid agency, with offices in 177 countries. The UNDP is funded entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states.
UNDP Finance Specialist Jobs 2023
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on 18th November, 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Finance Specialist to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNDP Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure PSP/F financial activities, financial recording/reporting system and audit follow up are in full compliance with UNDP
- Programme and Operations Policies and Procedures (POPP) and strategies.
- Provide support in closure of audit gaps, implement effective internal controls, and ensure proper design and functioning of the financial resources management system with attention to risk management.
- Prepare and maintain the project budget in collaboration with the project team and implementing partners.
- Prepare PSP/F finance business processes mapping; establish internal standard operating procedures in PSP/F financial control and workflows.
- Ensure financial analysis and oversight of all resources managed by the PSP/F and provide high quality professional advice to PSP/F management and staff.
- Continuously analyze and monitor the PSP/F financial situation and potential risks, and provide forecasts for allocated regions and management projects, transactions, and activities.
- Monitor and track project expenditures against the approved budget.
- Forecast cash flow needs and manage project funds accordingly.
- Assist the project team in identifying and addressing any financial risks or issues.
- Perform data analysis and presentation of information/reports regarding financial performance of PSP/F and share with PSP/F management.
- Manage all financial resources of PSP/F through planning, guiding, monitoring, and controlling of resources in accordance with UNDP POPP guidelines.
- Ensure all PSP/F financial activities are compliance with UNDP POPP /NIM (National implementation modality)/ DIM (Direct Implementation Modality) manual, rules and regulations of financial processes, financial records and reports and proper planning, supporting follow up of audit, implementation of the effective internal control framework.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports based in compliance with donor requirements and UNDP organizational standards.
- Ensure adherence to UNDP financial policies and procedures, including financial disbursement, settlement, procurement, contracting, and grant management.
- Coordinate and support external and internal audits, ensuring timely and accurate completion of all required documentation.
Position in Organization:
- Finance Specialist
- Job Identification: 14747
- Locations: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Posting Date: 17/11/2023, 15:27
- Apply Before: 02/12/2023, 10:29
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Agency: UNDP
- Grade: NPSA-10
- Vacancy Type: National Personnel Service Agreement
- Practice Area: Management
- Bureau: Regional Bureau for Africa
- Contract Duration: 1 Year
- A professional accounting qualification from an internationally accredited institute of accountancy, and/or Advanced (master’s)
- University Degree in Finance and/or Accounting is required.
- A professional accounting qualification from an internationally accredited institute of accountancy, and Bachelors University Degree in Finance and/or Accounting is required.
- Candidates with professional accounting qualifications from an internationally accredited institute of accountancy will have a distinct advantage.
- 5 years (with master’s degree) or 7 years (with bachelor’s degree) of relevant experience in providing financial management advisory services, and/or managing staff and operational systems.
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.), and advanced knowledge of
- Fluency in spoken and written English, and local language of the duty station.
How to Apply UNDP Finance Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/requisitions/job/14747
The Closing Date: December 02, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.