UNDP International consultant Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNDP Ethiopia looking for “International consultant“. Applicants with a degree in Advanced University Degree may apply on or before 4th July 2023.
UNDP first signed its agreement of cooperation with Ethiopia back in February 1981. Since then, UNDP has focused on providing Ethiopia with strategic support to build the capacity of national institutions to enhance the country’s development results. Moreover, UNDP’s interventions prioritise long-term development impacts to build a resilient nation by informing policies, as well as implementing activities at the community level.
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on 27th June 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of International consultant to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNDP Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities: The consultant will be expected to perform the following specific duties:
- Initiate and contribute to the documentation and dissemination of knowledge, evidence-based information, promising practices, lessons learned, impact stories, and innovations of the Liaison Office
- Strengthen engagement with partners knowledge management focal points, through sharing of resources, guidance, and tools and encouraging the exchange of promising practices and lessons.
- Collect and consolidate inputs from UN Women Country and Regional Offices to inform the development of knowledge products.
- Identify areas for promoting new knowledge and innovation that can support the implementation of the initiatives and programs of the Liaison Office.
- Coordinate the development of the Joint AUC, UN Women, and UNECA Newsletter on GEWE
- Regularly update the Liaison Office shared drive folder to ensure all knowledge products and relevant resources are documented.
- Ensure wide dissemination and visibility of knowledge products and programme achievements.
- Write and/or disseminate press releases, pamphlets, editorials, branded materials, and other written communications materials as required.
- Provide communications and advocacy support to joint regional campaigns, launching initiatives, Knowledge products, and publications.
- Liaise with the relevant communications team on the development of visual assets, templates, and other resources for ongoing strategic advocacy and communications actions related to Liaison initiatives.
- Prepare background research, briefing notes, and talking points to inform UN Women’s engagement in advocacy platforms and initiatives.
Position in Organization:
- International Consultant- Knowledge Management
- Location : Home Based, ETHIOPIA
- Application Deadline : 04-Jul-23 (Midnight New York, USA)
- Time left : 7d 22h 40m
- Additional Category : Gender Equality
- Type of Contract : Individual Contract
- Post Level : International Consultant
- Languages Required : English
- Starting Date : 10-Jul-2023
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
- Duration of Initial Contract : 6 Months
- Expected Duration of Assignment : 6 Months
- An advanced university degree in Information and Knowledge Management, Communications and Technology, Mass Media, Journalism or a related Social Science in a recognized university.
- 5 years of relevant work experience in the development and implementation of Knowledge Management Strategies.
- 5 years of experience in developing knowledge management strategy documents with clear implementation plans and key milestones.
- Extensive and demonstrated experience in developing strategies and community of practices, virtual platforms.
- Ability to do research, analyze data and generate quality reports, as well as to work effectively with team members.
- Experience in deploying technology to manage corporate information and knowledge.
- Experience working on communications and advocacy with intergovernmental institutions including UN system and AU is an asset.
How to Apply UNDP International consultant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=113036
The Closing Date: 4th July 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.