UNDP Legal Expert Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNDP Ethiopia looking for “Legal Expert“. Applicants with a degree in Advanced University Degree may apply on or before 4th Sept 2023.
UNDP first signed its agreement of cooperation with Ethiopia back in February 1981. Since then, UNDP has focused on providing Ethiopia with strategic support to build the capacity of national institutions to enhance the country’s development results. Moreover, UNDP’s interventions prioritise long-term development impacts to build a resilient nation by informing policies, as well as implementing activities at the community level.
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on 26th Aug 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Legal Expert to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNDP Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities: The Legal Expert will:
- Submit approaches for the expected legislation, working methodology, along with action plan including timeline.
- Provide legal and technical leadership into the drafting, revising, and editing of the AU CEVAWG, ensuring clear wording to facilitate easy, unambiguous interpretation.
- Lead the implementation of activities as outlined in the agreed Roadmap, in order to negotiate, draft and adopt the AU CEVAWG at the next AU Summit in February 2024.
- Carry out desk review and analysis of existing Member State and international legislative documents and materials relating to Ending Violence Against Women and Girls.
- Design and implement a consultative process with relevant actors and key government officials in the field of EVAWG in justice, gender and women’s affairs, social development, humanitarian affairs, education, financial and economic inclusion and security agencies etc.
- Facilitate dialogues and stakeholder meetings with Women’s Organisations, Men’s Organisations, Religious and Traditional Leaders, Government, Private Sector, CSO’s, the Youth, Academia, legislators, legal experts, media, and gender advocates. This will be done to with a view to develop recommendations for legislation in compliance with relevant international standards and requirements.
- Incorporate recommendations from Continental stakeholders and agreed guidelines in the draft.
- Coordinate and support the work of the Reference Group of Legal Experts
- Plan, organize and manage the AU CEVAWG implementation and follow-up action in line with the outcomes of the Dakar Call to Action and the subsequent Executive Council decision (EX.CL/Dec.1190(XLII)) of 2023 in this regard.
- Prepare a comprehensive final report with analysis of existing gaps relating to the first draft of the AU CEVAWG.
- Work closely with the WGYD and OSE-WPS team as well as the 3rd Men’s Conference Coordinator.
Position in Organization:
- International Consultant – Legal Expert
- Location : Addis Ababa, ETHIOPIA
- Application Deadline : 04-Sep-23 (Midnight New York, USA)
- Time left : 9d 20h 46m
- Additional Category : Gender Equality
- Type of Contract : Individual Contract
- Post Level : International Consultant
- Languages Required : English
- Starting Date : 15-Sep-2023
- (date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
- Duration of Initial Contract : 6 Months
- Expected Duration of Assignment : 6 Months
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced university degree in the field of Law, International Relations. PhD preferable.
- More than 10 years’ experience in legal field with specialization in legal drafting and policy analysis, human rights, gender equality Demonstrated knowledge of international, and regional human rights instruments
- Sound expertise in law, gender equality and women’s empowerment, including policy and strategy development
- Academic and practical research experience.
- Strong knowledge and technical expertise on Ending Violence Against Women and Girls, Positive Masculinity, Women’s Human Rights and related fields.
How to Apply UNDP Legal Expert Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=113811
The Closing Date: 4th Sept 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.