UNDP National Consultant to conduct terminal Evaluation Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. UNDP Uganda looking for “National Consultant to conduct terminal Evaluation“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before August 16, 2023.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is a United Nations agency tasked with helping countries eliminate poverty and achieve sustainable economic growth and human development. The UNDP emphasizes developing local capacity towards long-term self-sufficiency and prosperity. Headquartered in New York City, it is the largest UN development aid agency, with offices in 177 countries. The UNDP is funded entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states.
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on August 14, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of National Consultant to conduct terminal Evaluation to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
UNDP Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities
Taking into the objective of the assignment described above, the consultants will draw on a variety of data collection methods including, but not limited to document review; structured and semi-structured interviews; surveys and questionnaires; focus group discussions, observation technique, case studies and real-time big data analysis and provision. In this regard, the consultants will be required to jointly:
- Prepare an inception report that details the consultants’ understanding/ interpretation of the TORs; overall scope, approach, design and timeframe; and detailed outline of the methodology of carrying out the assignment and approaches to deliver on the scope of work; proposed schedule of work and deliverables.
- Undertake a literature review of documentation specific to the duration of implementation of the Uganda Tourism Master Plan including Ministerial Policy Statements, Sector Review Reports, National Development Plan Evaluation Reports and several others.
- Undertake a detailed analysis of key aspects of the Tourism Development Master Plan (Tourism planning and management, destination marketing, infrastructure development, human resource development, product development, conservation of natural and cultural heritage; tourism financing and investment, safety and security, private sector capacity development, and community tourism development) and provide recommendations and guidance on priority areas for inclusion in the subsequent National Sustainable Tourism Development Master Plan and alignment to the National Development Plan.
- Define a consultative process and mechanism; and organize and conduct consultations and brainstorming sessions with key stakeholders in the tourism sector as well as allied sectors to solicit their assessment of the performance of the Uganda Tourism Development Master Plan, elicit inputs, ideas, opinions and recommendations on the current and future needs of the tourism industry.
- Using the criteria of relevance, efficiency, complementarity and coordination, effectiveness and sustainability, assess the contribution of the Tourism Development Master Plan to the growth, recovery and resilience of the tourism industry, and Uganda’s socioeconomic progress.
- Using a highly participatory approach, assess the performance of the Tourism Development Master Plan against its goals and objectives to determine the specific results (intended and unintended) achieved, what was not and the reasons why; factors that have proved critical in helping or hindering the achievement of targeted outcomes; role of the Tourism Development Master Plan in influencing policy and its overall contribution to the realisation of Uganda Vision 2040.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the Tourism Development Master Plan Implementation Structures and coordination mechanisms; and recommend on appropriate changes to the current institutional framework (including tourism-related organizational structures and tourism data management) for better coordination and management of the tourism sector.
Position in Organization:
- Location: Kampala, UGANDA
- Application Deadline: 16-Aug-23 (Midnight New York, USA)
- Time left: 2d 15h 12m
- Type of Contract: Individual Contract
- Post Level: National Consultant
- Languages Required: English
- Starting Date: (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 07-Aug-2023
- Duration of Initial Contract : 32 working days spread across a period of three months from the date of signing the contract.
- An advanced degree in Economics, Statistics, Tourism, Project Planning and Management or related field.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in the result-based management, evaluation methodologies and programme/project monitoring approaches with development partners.
- Proven extensive national and international experience of at least ten (10) years in conducting qualitative and quantitative evaluations of national planning strategies, development programmes and policy interventions.
- Proven experience in conducting similar assignments in the tourism sector is an added advantage.
- Substantive knowledge of tourism industry in Uganda, East Africa and the rest of the world.
- Proficient in both spoken and written English language.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills with the ability to conceptualize, articulate, present (written and verbal) about tourism development issues.
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical standards with the ability to maintain impartiality during evaluation.
- Excellent cultural, gender, age and nationality sensitivity and ability to work with people from different backgrounds.
How to Apply UNDP National Consultant to conduct terminal Evaluation Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=113563
The Closing Date: August 16, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- ChildFund International Sponsorship Specialist Jobs 2023
- NRC Human Resources and Admin Manager Jobs 2023
- IGCP AGI Project Engineer Jobs 2023
- IGCP Early Civil Works Company Site Representative Jobs 2023
- IGCP EACOP – Early Civil Works Lead Jobs 2023
- FINCA Senior Internal Controls Officer Jobs 2023
- IOM Senior Laboratory Technologist Jobs 2023