UNDP National Information Management Officer Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNDP Kenya looking for “National Information Management Officer”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 26 May 2023.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on 15 May 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of National Information Management Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNDP Job Vacancy 2023
Position Purpose: Under the supervision of and in close coordination with the SHRA, the Information Management Officer will be responsible for identifying, collecting, collating, and presenting information and data, to support the SHRA’s mandate to assist national actors to comply with human rights obligations under international law and strengthen the capacity of the UNCT in Kenya to integrate human rights in their programmes and policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This entails identification of data sources, and collection, compilation and analysis of data required to produce quality information products for advisory purposes, strategic planning and decision-making.
- This entails engaging with national partners and UNCT entities to support inclusive data practices, and implementation of a human rights-based approach to data.
- This entails utilizing Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for map production and geographic data management while promoting data standards and harmonized management of geographic data/information. It also involves ensuring the collection and management of data for GIS use is integrated in information-gathering methodologies, tools and databases.
- This involves coordinating and collaborating with information management personnel of other UN entities in-country to improve information management and sharing procedures, developing information sharing protocols, and promoting data and information sharing with UN counterparts.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) data science, analytics, statistics, information management or related field.
- A first-level university degree in combination with additional qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 2 years with an advanced university degree, or 4 years with a first-level degree, of progressively responsible experience in information Management, information systems, data management, statistics, geographic information systems & mapping, and/or data visualization, is required.
- Experience collecting and managing datasets is required.
- In-depth knowledge of industry statistical and graphics design software, including but not limited to Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, PowerBI and Tableau, is required.
- Proven experience with the Microsoft 365 Suite – Dataverse, Power Automate, and Power Apps – is desirable.
- Experience working on human rights issues is desirable, including human rights within the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required. Knowledge of one or more local languages is desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNDP National Information Management Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 26 May 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- United Nations Secretariat Chief of Section Jobs
- UNEP Senior Administrative Assistant Jobs
- UNON Nurse Jobs
- UNON Engineer Jobs
- UNODC Programme Assistant Jobs
- UNDRR Risk data Expert Jobs
- UNEP Programme Management Officer Jobs
- Human Rights Watch Great Lakes Researcher Jobs
- IRC Budget and Operations Manager Jobs
- CIFOR Senior Manager Jobs