UNDP National Programme Officer Jobs 2023 – Zambia NGO Jobs. UNDP Zambia looking for “National Programme Officer“. Applicants with a Master’s Degree may apply on or before October 02, 2023.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on September 15, 2023 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of National Programme Officer to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
UNDP Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
The National Programme Officer will carry out the following tasks:
- Coordinate technical assistance activities to strengthen the efficiency of the criminal justice system to investigate and prosecute financial crime and support the national strategy AML/CFT in Zambia as well as other ARINSA countries;
- Formulate, analyze, plan, implement and report on technical assistance activities at the national, sub-regional and regional level, in accordance with the UNODC/GPML overall programme strategy and as integral element of UNODC’s country specific and regional programmes
- Participate in and contribute to the conducting of technical assistance activities to requesting countries and undertake substantive, organizational and coordination arrangements for them;
- Conduct the drafting and translation of relevant documents such as financial proposal for donor countries, progress reports, etc.;
- Prepare work plans, programme implementation reports and follow-up activities plans;
- Coordinate technical cooperation activities with relevant international, regional and national institutions and organizations active in the field; in this context contribute to maintaining close contacts with national counterparts and United Nations and entities.
Position in Organization:
- Positing Title: National Programme Officer
- Location: Lusaka, ZAMBIA
- Application Deadline: 02-Oct-23 (Midnight New York, USA)
- Time left: 17d 19h 46m
- Additional Category: Management
- Type of Contract: Service Contract
- Post Level: SB-5
- Languages Required: English
- Starting Date: 01-Nov-2023 (date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
- Duration of Initial Contract: 1 year
- Expected Duration of Assignment: 1 year with possibility of extension
Required Skills and Experience:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in law, preferably with specialization in international law or criminal law is required or other related academic background. A first-level university degree (Bachelor/License) in similar fields in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Specialization in criminal issues is an asset; five (5) years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience in legal or related area.
- Experience in technical assistance programmes and management of project is desirable.
How to Apply UNDP National Programme Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: October 02, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.