UNDP Procurement Specialist Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
UNDP Ethiopia looking for “Procurement Specialist”.
Applicants with an Advanced University Degree may apply on or before December 02, 2023.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is a United Nations agency tasked with helping countries eliminate poverty and achieve sustainable economic growth and human development. The UNDP emphasizes developing local capacity towards long-term self-sufficiency and prosperity. Based at United Nations Headquarters in New York City, it is the largest UN development aid agency, with offices in 177 countries. The UNDP is funded entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states.
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on November 18, 2023 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Procurement Specialist to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNDP Job Vacancy 2023
Scope of Work and Responsibilities:
Elaborate and manage implementation of innovative and sustainable procurement strategies and policies that are in alignment with principles of fairness, integrity, and transparency to achieve best value for money.
- Ensure full compliance of procurement activities with UNDP rules, regulations, policies, and strategic priorities through effective internal controls and properly used client–oriented procurement management system.
- Compliance with CO Procurement business processes and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement, control of the workflows in the Project Management Unit, harmonization of the workflows in the office.
- Elaboration and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies.
- Conceptualization, elaboration, and implementation of contract strategy in PSP/F including tendering processes and evaluation, contractor appraisal, evaluation, and negotiation of offers, management of the contract and contractor, legal considerations and payment conditions, risk assessment.
- Conceptualization, elaboration, and implementation of strategic procurement in the PSP/F project including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management, e-procurement introduction and promotion, performance measurement.
Ensures efficient management of procurement processes for Peace support programme.
- Timely and proper preparation of procurement plans for the project, establishment of the deadlines and monitoring of its implementation.
- Establishment and implementation of proper monitoring system and control of procurement processes including organization of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt and evaluation of quotations, bids or proposals, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulation.
- Ensure that procurement cases are submitted to an oversight committee as per UNDP delegation of procurement authority to : Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP), Regional Advisory Committee of Procurement (RACP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (ACP).
- Work on the Implementations of buyer role in Quantum through delegation of responsibilities.
- Elaboration and implementation of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase Orders (PO) are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems.
- Management of the implementation of the procurement processes monitoring system and mechanisms to eliminate deficiencies in procurement.
Effectively manage procurement processes for PSP/F to ensure quality and efficiency of delivery of results:
- Effective management of project delivery, including planning, coordination and execution of project activities in line with the approved work-plan.
- Coordination of the planning, organization, and oversight of project administrative and logistic operations, including recruitment, consultancy missions, workshops, and other project activities.
- Provide technical support to implementing partners in procurement planning, procurement, and post-delivery monitoring.
- Review and certify submission of documents to internal procurement review committees (CAP, RACP and ACP).
- Ensure management of procurement contracts and perform delegated responsibilities in e-procurement for Purchase Orders approval.
Position in Organization:
- Job Identification: 14751
- Locations: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Posting Date: 17/11/2023, 15:10
- Apply Before: 02/12/2023, 10:29
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Agency: UNDP
- Grade: NPSA-10
- Vacancy Type: National Personnel Service Agreement
- Practice Area: Management
- Contract Duration: 1 Year
- Advanced university degree (master’s degree or equivalent) in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Finance, or related field is required, or
- A first-level university degree (bachelor’s degree) in combination with an additional two years of qualifying experience will be given due consideration in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Accredited Certifications on Advanced supply chain Management /Procurement/or related field is mandatory. CIPS level 4 is more preferable, and is an asset.
- Minimum 5 years (with master’s degree) or 7 years (with bachelor’s degree) of relevant experience at the national or international level in public sector procurement management.
- Experience in a crisis-post-crisis context is an advantage.
- The post requires considerable experience of working under pressure and tight deadline.
- Previous experience on projects funded by multiple donors is an advantage.
- Experience of international procurement is required.
- Fluency in spoken and written English, and local language of the duty station.
How to Apply UNDP Procurement Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: December 02, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.