UNDP Procurement Specialist Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs.
UNDP Kenya looking for “Procurement Specialist”.
Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 05 December 2023.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on 17 November 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Procurement Specialist to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNDP Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure full compliance of procurement activities with UN Women rules, regulations, policies, procedures and strategies; implementation of effective internal control, and analysis of parameters in support of proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system;
- Support the procurement business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement, control of the workflows in the procurement in coordination with the supervisor;
- Analyze and propose cost-saving and reduction strategies in the Regional Office, programme presence offices and the region at large;
- Conduct periodic spend analyses to support the development of regional category management strategy, which shall account for establishment of long-term/strategic relationships with key suppliers for recurring supplies and services;
- Provide Regional Office and Country Office management with authoritative clarification/briefs/advice on the interpretation/application of UN Women Rules, Regulations, and policies with respect to procurement;
- Use effective oversight tools to monitor and track procurement progress and compliance across the region.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying procurement management experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree;
- Procurement Certification from an internationally recognized provider such as CIPS (level 3) is an asset.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience at the national or international level, in procurement;
- Experience in leading a team is required;
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems and ERP systems, preferably Oracle Cloud, is required;
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNDP Procurement Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 05 December 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.