UNDP Reporting Specialist Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
UNDP Ethiopia looking for “Reporting Specialist”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before December 02, 2023.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is a United Nations agency tasked with helping countries eliminate poverty and achieve sustainable economic growth and human development. The UNDP emphasizes developing local capacity towards long-term self-sufficiency and prosperity. Based at United Nations Headquarters in New York City, it is the largest UN development aid agency, with offices in 177 countries. The UNDP is funded entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states.
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on November 18, 2023 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Reporting Specialist to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNDP Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop an overall reporting strategy for the PSP project.
- Coordinate and provide technical guidance to the PSP in meeting internal and external reporting requirements and deadlines, including quarterly. bi- annual and annual reporting process.
- Collect reports from the three Regions, compile and finalize donor and programme reports (both narrative and financial).
- Draft annual PSP report including impacts, outcomes, and outputs of PSP.
- Compile and consolidate PSP quarterly, bi-annual, and annual reports.
- Develop a system to track the indicators and targets for the PSP.
- Systematize the financial tracking of PSP.
- Synthetize main programme results to update programme fact sheets.
- Compile spending per programme outcome and outputs, as per annual and semi-annual reports.
- Lead the review of financial reports based on contractual obligations.
- Timely synthesis and submission of quality and accurate reports
- Identify gaps and develop appropriate reporting formats to meet all reporting requirements of the Project.
- Develop and establish a reporting schedule and ensures the timely submission of reports as identified.
- Coordinates inputs to and draft reports related to project activities.
- Review progress reports submitted by partners and provided feedback to improve quality and timeliness of reporting.
- Provides quality assurance on reports, including data verification on all reports and information products produced by the project by improving and consolidating all reports prepared by the project.
- Deep understanding of reporting documents and ensures the quality of high-value data for accuracy, consistency, and comparability.
- Drafts briefing notes, talking points and other correspondence related to the project.
- Coordinate annual reviews for reporting and planning.
- Provide strategic guidance to partners on reporting qualities and timelines.
- Provide advice to the PSP in the clearance of donor agreements and Programme Cooperation Agreements in line with donor reporting.
- Monitor the spending of donor funds and other programme expenditures and disbursements.
- Oversee reporting of results to internal (Senior Management) and external Donors
- Track and compile the conformity of annual and semi-annual reports against the donor reporting template, and support in liaising with implementing agencies to improve these, as needed.
- Support the update of the PSP – RF at the impact, outcome, and output levels.
- Produce quality reports for target groups and in a timely manner,
- Produce regular and mandatory reports (interim, annual, and final reports) on the project’s results and activities.
Position in Organization:
- Job Identification: 14745
- Locations: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Posting Date: 17/11/2023, 15:28
- Apply Before: 02/12/2023, 10:29
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Agency: UNDP
- Grade: NPSA-10
- Vacancy Type: National Personnel Service Agreement
- Practice Area: Conflict Prevention, Peacebuilding and Responsive Institutions
- Contract Duration: 1 Year with Possibility for extension
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in social sciences, international relations, communications, journalism, public relations, or related fields.
- A first-level university degree in combination with an additional two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum five years (With Master’s) or seven years (With Bachelor’s) years of progressively responsible experience in donor reporting, communications, public relations, project development, data Analysis, data visualization and report writing experience at national and international levels.
- Strong IT skills, knowledge of web-based system desirable
- Consistently approaches to work with energy and positive attitude.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance PSP performance.
- Proficiency in English, both spoken and written.
How to Apply UNDP Reporting Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: December 02, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.