UNDP Solutions Adviser Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. UNDP Nigeria looking for “Solutions Adviser”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 30 May 2023.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on 16 May 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Solutions Adviser to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
UNDP Job Vacancy 2023
Job Purpose: Under the overall guidance of the Nigeria RC and the direct supervision of the Head of the RCO, the Solutions Adviser will work with key stakeholders to support the UNCT and relevant national/local coordination bodies such as the Durable Solutions (DS) Working Group and other Regional DS Working Groups. Key solutions stakeholders include affected displaced communities, federal and regional government authorities, donors/partners, UN agencies, international and national NGOs, civil society, private sector, and academia.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Support the capacity of government at federal, sub-federal and local levels to operationalise durable solutions frameworks.
- Provide support to the Government, to the extent possible, on the development of a national strategy/action plan on durable solutions and associated policies, including identifying priorities and potential opportunities to address durable solutions to internal displacement.
- Enhance national/local ownership on data collection, IDP and host community profiling, socio-economic/ political economy analysis, measuring progress towards solutions and application to national/local solutions programming. Particular attention to be made in collecting disaggregated data and analysing differentiated consequences by age, gender, and diversity.
- Support authorities and partners to consistently monitor and assess solutions programmes for rapid adjustment and course correction as needed.
- Support advocacy and knowledge sharing activities with national/subnational/local authorities and other relevant stakeholders.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in international development, international affairs, migration and displacement studies, or other relevant field;
- First level university degree will also be considered with an additional two years of relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in either public sector (national or multilateral, including UN), private (academia, non-governmental sector, corporate), with increasing level of responsibility;
- At least 4 years of experience in crisis and fragile settings with strong relevant experience in forced displacement and development/durable solutions is an advantage;
- Demonstrated managerial and leadership experience; demonstrated experience in programming, partnership development and resource mobilization; excellent coordination, negotiation and communication skills, as well as ability to mobilize support from a wide range of partners (public, private, civil society and academia) is an asset.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNDP Solutions Adviser Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 30 May 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.