UNDP Strategic Coordination Officer Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNDP Kenya looking for “Strategic Coordination Officer”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 02 June 2023.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on 22 May 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Strategic Coordination Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNDP Job Vacancy 2023
Position Purpose: The Strategic Coordination Officer will contribute to the efforts of the United Nations Famine Prevention and Response Coordinator to lead and coordinate a cohesive response to rising food insecurity in the Horn of Africa region and beyond. The incumbent will engage with relevant humanitarian and development stakeholders to support pertinent initiatives, events and partnerships to achieve this goal.
Key Duties and Accountabilities:
- Support the Chief of Office in serving as the key focal point within the humanitarian system for NGOs, UN agencies and Government partners within the assigned geographical area of responsibility;
- Be informed and able to represent the interests of humanitarian actors within a given state or sector and advise on humanitarian priorities and principles
- Build collaborative and effective relationships with all actors, both humanitarian and non-humanitarian, to ensure that all available resources and actors are ready to support humanitarian operations when necessary.
- Monitor and track all new humanitarian incidents;
- Document all developments and share through verbal or written reports/briefings with field-level; implementing partners and the OFPRC;
- Advanced University degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in Political Science, Social Science, Public Administration, International Studies, Economics or related area or;
- A first-level University degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in the related fields with additional 2 years of relevant experience will be given due consideration in lieu of Advanced University degree.
- At least 2 years experience in a similar position with an international organization engaged in relief and development work in the Horn of Africa region;
- Experience in conducting humanitarian assessments and in implementing humanitarian programs.
- Experience with humanitarian coordination, preferably in leadership roles;
- Experience working with humanitarian partners and capacity building. Solid understanding of humanitarian operations and principles;
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNDP Strategic Coordination Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 02 June 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.