UNDP Technical Specialist Biodiversity Financing Jobs 2023 – Zambia NGO Jobs. UNDP Zambia looking for “Technical Specialist Biodiversity Financing“. Applicants with a degree in Masters Degree may apply on or before 15th July 2023.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on 30th June 2023 for qualified Zambians to fill in the vacant post of Technical Specialist Biodiversity Financing to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
UNDP Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and supervise the BIOFIN Zambia team (staff and consultants);
- Lead engagements with all key stakeholders with a focus on outreach related to the three finance solutions outlined above;
- Develop strategic linkages and collaborations with similar initiatives and other stakeholders to augment the work and resources of BIOFIN;
- Lead the coordination and supervision of technical staff and consultants recruited to work on specific finance solutions;
- Lead the review and provision of technical input into outputs of consultants recruited to work on various finance solutions;
- Lead the production of outreach products such as policy briefs and working papers in relation to each of the prioritized finance solutions. These are expected to be of high technical quality;
- Provide resource mobilization ideas in furtherance of BIOFIN Zambia work in Zambia;
- Lead the fulfillment of accountability requirements to BIOFIN Global , UNDP CO and the Government of Zambia in terms of reporting (technical and financial);
- Lead the development of technical proposals for other new finance solutions within the biodiversity finance plan;
Position in Organization:
- Technical Specialist Biodiversity Financing
- Job Identification: 11798
- Locations: Lusaka, Zambia
- Posting Date: 06/30/2023, 03:07 PM
- Apply Before: 07/15/2023, 09:29 AM
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Agency: UNDP
- Grade: NPSA-10
- Vacancy Type: National Personnel Service Agreement
- Practice Area: Nature, Climate and Energy
- Bureau: Regional Bureau for Africa
- Contract Duration: 1 Year
- Education & Work Experience: Master’s Degree – 5 year(s) experience
- Required Languages: English
- Vacancy Timeline: 2 Weeks
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in finance, economics, development/sustainable financing or a closely related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in sustainable finance, capital markets, banking (corporate finance) or public finance is required;
- Experience in green finance (especially biodiversity conservation), ESG or sustainable finance;
How to Apply UNDP Technical Specialist Biodiversity Financing Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 15th July 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.