UNDP Urban Planner and Project Lead Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNDP Ethiopia looking for “Urban Planner and Project Lead“. Applicants with a Master’s Degree may apply on or before September 19, 2023.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on September 05, 2023 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Urban Planner and Project Lead to be based in Dire Dawa, Ethiopia.
UNDP Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Expected deliverables:
The incumbent will have to perform the following assignments independently and in collaboration with the project lead and other team members:
- Within their assigned regions or responsibility, the Urban Planning Experts will provide support in the daily management of all project activities ensuring that works are carried out in compliance to the agreed project deliverable and UN Habitat’s best practices for the full project life.
- The Urban Planning Experts will provide technical support to the project teams, local government and displacement affected communities in the areas of participatory planning exercise including settlement planning, mapping, spatial profiling with location of key functions for target project locations in Oromia and Somali regions.
- Provide details on affected and host communities such as land tenure and ownership, size and mix of communities, quality of housing etc.. to prioritize project activities at project locations to develop short- and long-term programmes for upgrading housing, improving security of tenure and proving support to the affected community in a way that considers the gender dimension and the peaceful co-existence of communities.
- The urban planning experts will support in mapping stakeholders, assessment of displacement causes, analyze institutional capacity and gaps in responding to the needs of displacement affected and host communities to inform decision making.
- Follow up reports on community planning workshops with disaggregated data, results, and findings.
- Conduct meetings with local government and hosting community on various topics including tenure arrangements, land uses, settlement planning etc…
- Follow up periodic progress reports against milestones based on monitoring of project activities.
- Coordinate with consultants on research, data collection, participatory planning and capacity building trainings towards targeted results.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: Urban Planner and Project Lead
- Job Identification: 13363
- Locations: Dire Dawa, Ethiopia
- Posting Date: 04/09/2023, 17:14
- Apply Before: 19/09/2023, 09:29
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Agency: HABITAT
- Vacancy Type: Service Contract Holders
- Practice Area: Management
- Bureau: Regional Bureau for Africa
- Contract Duration: 1 Year with Possibility for extension
- Vacancy Timeline: 2 Weeks
Educational Qualification and Experience:
- Advanced university degree (master’s degree or equivalent) or BA/BSC degree in Urban Planning, Architecture/ human settlements, Spatial Planning or other relevant discipline or BA/BSC degree in the fields mentioned above.
- For MA/MSC. degree in a relevant field, four (4) years of relevant work experience in urban planning including community mapping, GIS and participatory monitoring.
- For BA/BSC degree in a relevant field, six (6) years of relevant work experience in urban planning including community mapping, GIS and participatory monitoring
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of Ethiopian working language and the language of working regions is desirable. Ability to communicate technical knowledge to non-expert audience is preferred.
How to Apply UNDP Urban Planner and Project Lead Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: September 19, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.