UNDPO Programme Management Officer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNDPO Ethiopia looking for “Programme Management Officer“. Applicants with a degree in Advanced University Degree may apply on or before 11th May 2023.
UNDPO, also the United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund, is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The agency is among the most widespread and recognizable social welfare organizations in the world, with a presence in 192 countries and territories.
The UNDPO has published a job vacancy announcement on 13th April 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Programme Management Officer to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNDPO Job Vacancy 2023
Responsibilities: Within delegated authority, the Programme Management Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Develops the strategy, workplan and resource mobilization efforts for the Mine Action programme in Ethiopia, leads strategic and operational planning and coordination of the programme’s activities with other UN entities, including the humanitarian country team.. reviews relevant documents and reports; identifies problems and issues to be addressed and initiates corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; ensures follow-up actions.
- Monitors the Mine Action programme’s performance, including the implementing partners’ performance, in accordance with agreed performance indicators to ensure delivery in a timely and economical manner as established in the work plan and budget, and observance of technical, safety and quality standards and guidelines.
- Leads the engagement with national authorities and other stakeholders involved in Mine Action.
- Researches, analyzes and presents information gathered from diverse sources.
- Coordinates policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies.
- Generates survey initiatives; designs data collection tools; reviews, analyzes and interprets data on the evolution of mine action in Ethiopia, identify problems/issues and prepares conclusions.
- Organizes and prepares written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, briefing notes, talking points etc.
- Provides substantive backstopping to consultative and other meetings, conferences, etc., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations, etc.
- Initiates and coordinates outreach activities; conducts training workshops, seminars, etc.; makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
- Leads and/or participates in large, complex field missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties and drafting mission summaries, etc.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT OFFICER, P4
- Job Code Title: PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT OFFICER
- Department/Office: Department of Peace Operations
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Posting Period: 12 April 2023 – 11 May 2023
- Job Opening Number: 23-Programme Management-DPO-204368-R-Addis Ababa (X)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, management, international relations, public administration or a related field. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in project or programme management, administration or related area is required.
- A minimum of four years of experience in programme management in mine action, security sector reform or humanitarian response in a conflict or post-conflict setting, with at least two years experience at team leader level, is required.
- A minimum of two years of experience in a mine action field programme is required.
- Direct experience in engaging with senior government and security officials in a complex humanitarian setting is required.
- Experience in resource mobilization is desirable.
How to Apply UNDPO Programme Management Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=204368
The Closing Date: 11th May 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.