UNDPO Programme Management Officer Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. UNDPO Nigeria looking for “Programme Management Officer”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 22 March 2023.
The Department of Peace Operations (DPO) is a department of the United Nations charged with the planning, preparation, management and direction of UN peacekeeping operations. Previously known as the Department for Peacekeeping Operations (DPKO), it was created on 1 January 2019 as part of a restructuring of the UN’s peace and security apparatus.
The UNDPO has published a job vacancy announcement on 11 March 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Programme Management Officer to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
UNDPO Job Vacancy 2023
Within delegated authority, the Programme Management Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Designs and maintains the Mine Action programme strategy and work plan, leading strategic and operational planning and coordination of the Mine Action programme’s activities with other UN entities, including the humanitarian country team.
- Monitors the Mine Action programme’s performance, including the implementing partners’ performance, in accordance with agreed performance indicators to ensure delivery in a timely and economical manner as established in the work plan and budget, and observance of technical, safety and quality standards and guidelines.
- Leads the engagement with national authorities and other stakeholders involved in Mine Action.
- Develops and maintains the Mine Action programme Work Plan and budget, ensuring implementation modalities are aligned with strategic direction; monitors, analyzes and evaluates programme/project development and implementation; reviews relevant documents and reports; identifies problems and issues to be addressed and initiates corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; ensures follow-up actions.
- Develops and maintains a resource mobilization strategy and leads the engagement with donors.
- Researches, analyzes and presents information gathered from diverse sources.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, management, international relations, public administration or a related field. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in project or programme management, administration or related area is required.
- A minimum of four years of experience in programme management in mine action, security sector reform, stabilization or humanitarian in a conflict or post-conflict setting, of which at least two years is at a team leader level, is required.
- Direct experience in engaging with senior government and security officials in a complex humanitarian setting is required.
- A minimum of two years of experience in a mine action field programme is desirable.
- Experience in resource mobilization is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position(s) advertised, fluency in English (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNDPO Programme Management Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 22 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.