UNECA ACS / Administrative Support Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNECA Ethiopia looking for “ACS / Administrative Support“. Applicants with a degree in Bachelors Degree may apply on or before 4th July 2023.
Established by the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations (UN) in 1958 as one of the UN’s five regional commissions, ECA’s mandate is to promote the economic and social development of its member States, foster intra-regional integration, and promote international cooperation for Africa’s development. Made up of 54 member States, and playing a dual role as a regional arm of the UN and as a key component of the African institutional landscape, ECA is well positioned to make unique contributions to address the Continent’s development challenges.
UNECA ACS / Administrative Support Jobs 2023
The UNECA has published a job vacancy announcement on 28th June 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of ACS / Administrative Support to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA)|
|Position||ACS / Administrative Support|
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||4th July 2023|
UNECA Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities: This post is located at the African Centre for Statistics of the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA). Under the general supervision of the Director of the Division and the direct supervision of the Chief, Demographic and Social Statistics Section, the Staff Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Performs a wide range of office support and administrative functions.
- Responds or drafts responses to routine correspondence and other communications; uses standard word processing package to produce a wide variety of large, complex documents and reports
- Proofreads documents and edit texts for accuracy, grammar, punctuation and style, and for adherence to established standards for format.
- Screens phone calls and visitors, responds to moderately complex information requests and inquiries (e.g. answers requests requiring file search, etc), and as necessary, refers inquiries to appropriate personnel for handling.
- Provides secretarial, administrative and logistics support to meetings, boards, committees, conferences, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of presentation materials using appropriate technology/software
- Maintains calendar/schedules; monitors change and communicates relevant information to appropriate staff inside and outside the immediate work unit
- Reviews, records, distributes and/or processes mail and other documents; follows-up on impending actions.
- Performs general administrative tasks (e.g. arrangements for meetings and other events reservations etc.), to include preparing and/or processing administrative requests. (e.g. travel requests, visa applications. Etc.).
- Maintains files (both paper and electronic) and databases for work unit.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: ACS/Administrative support
- Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Posting Period: 28 June 2023 – 04 July 2023
- Job Opening Number: 23-Economic Commission for Africa-212141-Individual Contractor
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree.
- A minimum of (5) five years of work experience in administrative related work is required for this post.
How to Apply UNECA ACS / Administrative Support Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=212141
The Closing Date: 4th July 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.