UNECA Consultant to conduct research on inclusion of green transition considerations Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNECA Ethiopia looking for “Consultant to conduct research on inclusion of green transition considerations“. Applicants with a degree in Masters Degree may apply on or before 16th April 2023.
Established by the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations (UN) in 1958 as one of the UN’s five regional commissions, ECA’s mandate is to promote the economic and social development of its member States, foster intra-regional integration, and promote international cooperation for Africa’s development. Made up of 54 member States, and playing a dual role as a regional arm of the UN and as a key component of the African institutional landscape, ECA is well positioned to make unique contributions to address the Continent’s development challenges.
The UNECA has published a job vacancy announcement on 11th April 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Consultant to conduct research on inclusion of green transition considerations to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNECA Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities: Working under overall guidance from ATPC Coordinator and the direct supervision of the project manager, the consultant is expected to perform the following specific tasks:
- Conduct a desk review of literature and data on implications of preferential trade agreements, elimination of tariffs and non-tariff barriers in Africa as well as beyond including developed and emerging economies to support the green transition
- Carry out targeted stakeholder interviews both with policy makers of the AfCTFA, trade ministries of AfCFTA members, private sector and experts in environmental provisions in trade agreements
- Prepare the draft research paper with oversight from ECA
- Conduct internal review process led by ECA’s RITD and selected stakeholders;
- Finalize the research papers taking into account the feedback and suggestions provided.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: RITD/ATPC – Consultant to conduct research on inclusion of green transition considerations into AfCFTA protocol on trade in goods and subsequent implementation
- Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Posting Period: 10 April 2023 – 16 April 2023
- Job Opening Number: 23-Economic Commission for Africa-201384-Consultant
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s degree in Economics, International Trade, International Relations, International Law and/or related areas is required.
- Have a minimum of five (7) years of professional experience. Proven record in research in the African context, preferably analyzing the impact of trade agreements, is required. Understanding of Africa’s regional integration agenda, especially the AfCFTA, is desirable. Knowledge of environmental implications in trade and development is desirable.
How to Apply UNECA Consultant to conduct research on inclusion of green transition considerations Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=201384
The Closing Date: 16th April 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.