UNECA Data Analyst Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNECA Ethiopia looking for “Data Analyst“. Applicants with a degree in Advanced University Degree may apply on or before 12th April 2023.
Established by the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations (UN) in 1958 as one of the UN’s five regional commissions, ECA’s mandate is to promote the economic and social development of its member States, foster intra-regional integration, and promote international cooperation for Africa’s development. Made up of 54 member States, and playing a dual role as a regional arm of the UN and as a key component of the African institutional landscape, ECA is well positioned to make unique contributions to address the Continent’s development challenges.
The UNECA has published a job vacancy announcement on 15th March 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Data Analyst to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA)|
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Advanced University Degree|
|Experience Required||Minimum Seven years|
|Application Deadline||12th April 2023|
UNECA Job Vacancy 2023
Responsibilities: Under the overall direction of the Director of GPSPD, and the direct supervision of the Chief, Urbanization and Development Section, the incumbent will carry out the following functions:
- Lead data and statistical analysis to enhance the evidence-based work on urbanization;
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns, using machine learning techniques, and statistical methods to identify relevant features and variables in structured and unstructured sources of information and data;
- Ensure the quality of collected urban data and statistics for accuracy, consistency, and comparability;
- Provide guidance and advice in the planning, operating, and evaluating of the African Program on Urbanization data and Statistics;
- Set policy and guidance on data analysis procedures within the entity and oversee the creation of SOPs and other documents to support the formulation of a regional framework for monitoring and implementation of urban goals, targets, and indicators in Africa;
- Provide advice on how data can be utilized to improve decision-making within the knowledge domain;
- Research approaches and explore methods that will lead to innovative data products;
- Conduct full data analytics lifecycle analysis, including data requirements, activities, and design;
- Ensure technically sound execution of data analytics projects;
- Collaborate with colleagues across the division to identify data analytics needs and support data-driven projects;
- Translate immediate requirements into prototype solutions and oversee their subsequent full implementation;
- Keep track of trends and developments in data analytics best practices, tools, etc.
- Ensure that requirements, background information, and methodology used for data analysis are documented;
- Plan and co-ordinate seminars, workshops, and expert meetings on urban data and statistics; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: Data Analyst (Data Specialist), NOD
- Job Code Title: Data Analyst
- Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Posting Period: 14 March 2023 – 12 April 2023
- Job Opening Number: 23-Data Analytics and Management-ECA-204156-R-Addis Ababa (O)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in computer science, data science, analytics, statistics, information management, public administration, management, mathematics, economics, or related fields is required. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in applied analytics, business intelligence, statistics, project management, stakeholder management, or related areas is required.
- Experience in using data to advance decisions, strategies, and execution is required.
- Experience with self-service analytics and data visualization applications (MS Power BI, Qlik, Tableau, or similar), or business intelligence tools (SAP Business Objects, etc.) is desirable.
- Experience in Advanced Excel and PowerPoint is desirable.
How to Apply UNECA Data Analyst Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=204156
The Closing Date: 12th April 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.