UNECA DoA/FMS Electrical Power Systems /Generator Technicians Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNECA Ethiopia looking for “DoA/FMS Electrical Power Systems/Generator Technicians“. Applicants with a degree in High School Diploma may apply on or before 17th April 2023.
Established by the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations (UN) in 1958 as one of the UN’s five regional commissions, ECA’s mandate is to promote the economic and social development of its member States, foster intra-regional integration, and promote international cooperation for Africa’s development. Made up of 54 member States, and playing a dual role as a regional arm of the UN and as a key component of the African institutional landscape, ECA is well positioned to make unique contributions to address the Continent’s development challenges.
The UNECA has published a job vacancy announcement on 13th April 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of DoA/FMS Electrical Power Systems/Generator Technicians to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNECA Job Vacancy 2023
Responsibilities: This position is located at United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, Division of Administration, in the Facilities Management Section. The technician is responsible for the following duties but not limited to;
- Conduct Installation, repair, maintenance and operation of backup generators in UNECA premises and all over critical staff residences to attain business continuity plan of the organization
- Assistance in the Supervision of day to day operation and maintenance activities of the electroctro mechanical works of electro mechanical contractor at UNECA premises.
- Assist in the construction, manufacturing installation, repair and maintenance of mechanical and minor civil works related to electro mechanical works.
- Assistance in the Supervision of day to day operation and maintenance activities of the electrical works of electro mechanical contractor at UNECA premises.
- Assistance and Supervision and hands on participation of all day today activities of electrical works of contractors on the basis of daily operation and maintenance schedule and update the maintenance manual, to do list and history card of the electrical systems.
- Hands on participation and supervision over contractor’s personnel whenever important intervention is required regarding major equipment maintenance and installation works like backup Generators, UPS units etc to ensure appropriate completion and compliance with applicable standards.
- Carry out planned preventive maintenance of electrical equipment’s, backup generators, UPS units, security systems, battery charging units, building automation system, fire alarm system kitchen and medical equipment’s as well as testing equipment’s as appropriate.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: DoA/FMS Electrical Power Systems/Generator Technicians – G4
- Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Posting Period: 11 April 2023 – 17 April 2023
- Job Opening Number: 23-Economic Commission for Africa-205679-Individual Contractor
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
Qualification & Experience:
- High school completion is required.
- Minimum Three Years Experience.
How to Apply UNECA DoA/FMS Electrical Power Systems/Generator Technicians Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=205679
The Closing Date: 17th April 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.