UNECA Electronic Engineering Technician Jobs 2023– Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNECA Ethiopia looking for “Electronic Engineering Technician”. Applicants with a High School may apply on or before 14th October, 2023.
The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA or ECA) was established in 1958 by the United Nations Economic and Social Council to encourage economic cooperation among its member states (the nations of the African continent) following a recommendation of the United Nations General Assembly. It is one of five regional commissions.
The UNECA has published a job vacancy announcement on 16th September, 2023for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Electronic Engineering Technician to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNECA Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
Within delegated authority, the Electronic Engineering Technician will be responsible for the following duties:
- Organizes, checks, performs and supervises the smooth running of conferences and meetings in the UNCC and Africa Hall, including pre-meeting preparations and set up of conferences, meetings, briefings, exhibitions and all other similar activities, video and audio recordings according to clients’ request, copying and handover of all recordings to the conference coordinating office. Attends coordination meetings with other offices and personnel to ensure appropriate preparation and smooth running of respective activities.
- Participates in the actual hands-on operation of all the above activities to the client’s full satisfaction. Advises and gives necessary help to clients in arranging conferences with respect to technical equipment;
- Provides Support to the Audio-visual technicians in the daily maintenance of the equipment in accordance with the maintenances schedule and manufacturers maintenance manuals repairs of faulty equipment, supervises and coordinates maintenance works;
- Studies and submits written reports and suggestions on upgrading electronic equipment of Conference Centre in accordance with the latest technological advancement manages consumables for video and audio recordings of conference proceedings Archives copies of video and audio recordings;
- Assists with the collection and analysis of data as well as preparation of data presentations and reports for information sharing, responding to queries, knowledge management, planning and decision making;
- Assists with visualizations and updating information material such as web pages or brochures;
- Performs other duties as and when requested by the supervisor.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: Electronic Engineering Technician, G6
- Job Code Title: ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN
- Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Posting Period: 01 July 2022 – 30 July 2023
- Job Opening Number: 22-Engineering-ECA-184632-R-Addis Ababa (R)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
Educational Qualification and Experience:
- High School Diploma is required. Knowledge in operations and maintenance of audio video system and broadcasting is required. Having a good understanding on Electrical engineering technology of building Automation and Control System, Instrumentation, Data Projection system and multimedia is desirable.
- At least seven years’ experience in the operation and maintenance of electric, electronic, audio and video systems in modern conference centre or another large establishment is required.
- The minimum years of relevant experience is reduced to five years for candidates who possess a first-level university degree or higher. Exposure to UN environment is an advantage.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
How to Apply UNECA Electronic Engineering Technician Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=216894
The Closing Date: 14th October, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.