UNECA FMS Electrical Maintenance Worker Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNECA Ethiopia looking for “FMS Electrical Maintenance Worker“. Applicants with a degree in High School Degree may apply on or before 17th April 2023.
Established by the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations (UN) in 1958 as one of the UN’s five regional commissions, ECA’s mandate is to promote the economic and social development of its member States, foster intra-regional integration, and promote international cooperation for Africa’s development. Made up of 54 member States, and playing a dual role as a regional arm of the UN and as a key component of the African institutional landscape, ECA is well positioned to make unique contributions to address the Continent’s development challenges.
The UNECA has published a job vacancy announcement on 12th April 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of FMS Electrical Maintenance Worker to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNECA Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assistance in the Supervision of day to day operation and maintenance activities of the electrical works of electro mechanical contractor at UNECA premises.
- Assistance and Supervision and hands on participation of all day today activities of electrical works of contractors on the basis of daily operation and maintenance schedule and update the maintenance manual, to do list and history card of the electrical systems.
- Hands on participation and supervision over contractor’s personnel whenever important intervention is required regarding major equipment maintenance and installation works like backup Generators, UPS units etc to ensure appropriate completion and compliance with applicable standards.
- Carry out planned preventive maintenance of electrical equipment’s, backup generators, UPS units, security systems, battery charging units, building automation system, fire alarm system kitchen and medical equipment’s as well as testing equipment’s as appropriate.
- Maintain good working relation with utility power authority in order to achieve uninterrupted and steady power supply, as well as review and settlement of electric bills.
- Prepares a list of annual spare parts in collaboration with the Central store and
- Carry out and control daily issue of spare parts and consumable items for operation and
maintenance works from central store or satellite store as required
- Carry out and control inventory on regular consumption of each spare part, monitors the
available Stock and requests replenishment.
- Compiles list of needed spare parts, suggest suitable supplies and makes replenishment
requests as appropriate.
- Uses manual, computer and UN systems as required such as Excel, UMOJA and other to complete tasks and assist the Electrical Team.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: FMS Electrical Maintenance Worker G4
- Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Posting Period: 11 April 2023 – 17 April 2023
- Job Opening Number: 23-Economic Commission for Africa-205672-Individual Contractor
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- High school completion is required.
- Minimum One Years Experience.
How to Apply UNECA FMS Electrical Maintenance Worker Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=205672
The Closing Date: 17th April 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.