UNECA Legal Trade Consultant Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNECA Ethiopia looking for “Legal Trade Consultant“. Applicants with a degree in Advanced University Degree may apply on or before 13th June 2023.
Established by the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations (UN) in 1958 as one of the UN’s five regional commissions, ECA’s mandate is to promote the economic and social development of its member States, foster intra-regional integration, and promote international cooperation for Africa’s development. Made up of 54 member States, and playing a dual role as a regional arm of the UN and as a key component of the African institutional landscape, ECA is well positioned to make unique contributions to address the Continent’s development challenges.
The UNECA has published a job vacancy announcement on 8th June 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Legal Trade Consultant to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNECA Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Director of the Regional Integration and Trade Division (RITD), the Trade Legal Consultant will support ECA in the development of two legal agreements that define the taskforce and specify the responsibilities of the different parties (e.g., PAVM, member state governments, etc.). Further, the Consultant will provide advice on legal issues relating to the design and implementation of the taskforce agreement. Specifically, the Legal Consultant will have the responsibility to support the following activities:
- Draft a clear and concise legal agreement by end of July 2023 that outlines the structure, governance, and operational guidelines of member states participation in the taskforce.
- Determine clauses of legal agreement by:
- Defining roles, responsibilities, and decision-making processes of the participants, including any governing bodies or committees, and including provisions for the admission, participation, and withdrawal of participants in the taskforce
- Delimiting issues related to the management of funds, financial obligations, and cost-sharing arrangements among the participants
- Incorporating mechanisms for resolving disputes, conflicts of interest, and breach of contractual obligations among the participants
- Including provision for data protection and privacy concerns, and establishing appropriate safeguards for the collection, storage, and use of participants’ data
- Ensuring legal agreement complies with current laws and regulations and relevant antitrust, competition, and public procurement laws, including any requirements for transparency and fair competition
- Be present at technical committees (alongside Africa CDC) and join daily/weekly calls and meetings
- Syndicate proposed legal agreements and collaborate with ECA and the PAVM secretariat to gather input and ensure alignment of legal agreements with the general goals of the taskforce and support engagement with member states
- Provide legal advisory support to ECA from July to December 2023. This includes providing guidance on the applicable regulations that need to be adhered to, as well as identifying and evaluating any potential legal risks and challenges that may arise from the establishment of a legal agreement for the task force
- Provide guidance and support during the negotiation and execution of the legal agreements among the participants
- Offer ongoing legal advice and assistance to address any legal issues or modifications that may arise during the implementation and operation of the taskforce
- Conduct consultation with key stakeholders including AU Member States, AU organs, and agencies (AUDA-NEPAD, STCs, AUC departments, etc.) and relevant national, regional, and international bodies and organizations involved in pooled procurement.
- Conduct periodic reviews and assessments of the legal agreements to ensure its continued effectiveness, relevance, and compliance with evolving legal and regulatory requirements.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: Legal Trade Consultant
- Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Posting Period: 07 June 2023 – 13 June 2023
- Job Opening Number: 23-Economic Commission for Africa-210877-Consultant
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced university degree (Masters degree or above) in law, public policy, economics, or related fields;
- A minimum of 15 years of work experience in the above field(s) as well as familiarity with the African Union’s organs, the organization’s decision-making process, and its legal hierarchy and legal and policy instruments.
How to Apply UNECA Legal Trade Consultant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=210877
The Closing Date: 13th June 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.