UNECA Programme Consultant Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNECA Ethiopia looking for “Programme Consultant“. Applicants with a degree in Advanced University Degree may apply on or before 22nd March 2023.
Established by the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations (UN) in 1958 as one of the UN’s five regional commissions, ECA’s mandate is to promote the economic and social development of its member States, foster intra-regional integration, and promote international cooperation for Africa’s development. Made up of 54 member States, and playing a dual role as a regional arm of the UN and as a key component of the African institutional landscape, ECA is well positioned to make unique contributions to address the Continent’s development challenges.
The UNECA has published a job vacancy announcement on 17th March 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Programme Consultant to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNECA Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities: The consultant will:
- Raise awareness and promote the use of the CRVS systems improvement framework as a guide for the country to use a multi-sectoral and participatory approach to continuously assess and improve the performance of CRVS processes.
- Through south-south cooperation with other African countries and peer learning, align CRVS processes with international standards, concepts and best practices;
- Provide technical advice and input into governance, resource mobilization, rationalization and pooling, and advocacy for sustainable improvement of CRVS;
- Document and share best practices in Central African Republic selected for sustainable CRVS improvements.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: ACS/Civil Registration and Vital Statistics (CRVS) Country Mentorship Programme Consultant Central African Republic
- Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Posting Period: 16 March 2023 – 22 March 2023
- Job Opening Number: 23-Economic Commission for Africa-202113-Consultant
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s) in Demography, Population studies, Public health, Social sciences or related quantitative fields is required. A first-level degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in the specified fields in combination of additional two years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the Advanced University Degree
- Minimum of 2 years’ Experience in civil registration and vital statistics systems and its functions in the country or experience in health information systems and functions in the country, experience facilitating information systems planning, design and implementation projects ,experience facilitating business process improvement, process re-engineering, process redesign projects is required.
- Experience with a standardized modeling notation to ensure consistent representation of business processes -preferably Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN), experience using a modeling tool (i.e. Bizagi, Visio, etc.) that support standardized modeling notation to ensure consistent representation of business processes desirable.
How to Apply UNECA Programme Consultant Jobs 2023
How to Apply for the ACS/Civil Registration and Vital Statistics (CRVS) Country Mentorship Programme Consultant in Central African Republic:
- Review the job posting and ensure that you meet the qualifications and requirements listed.
- Prepare your application materials, including a cover letter and resume or CV highlighting your relevant experience and qualifications.
- Submit your application through the United Nations’ online recruitment system during the posting period from March 16, 2023, to March 22, 2023.
- Be prepared for potential interviews and assessments as part of the recruitment process.
- Note that there is no fee associated with the recruitment process, and the United Nations does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts.