UNEP Scoping Consultant Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNEP Kenya looking for “Scoping Consultant”. Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 13 April 2023.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system, and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
The UNEP has published a job vacancy announcement on 15 March 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Scoping Consultant to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNEP Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct a mapping of potential networks and organizations (and entry points for expanding, strengthening GAN regional nodes). The mapping should include i) current membership ii) network activity iii) governance structure
- Interview potential key stakeholders representing those networks to assess the regional needs, priorities, and operational challenges as well as the policy opportunity for strengthened adaptation network. A scoping of the feasibility of linking the network to the UNEP Global Adaptation Network based on the mapping exercise and the interviews should be developed.
- Prepare recommendations on which network would be selected and a cost estimate to bring them in the GAN.
- In addition to 1 and 2, identify challenges that are hindering the work of existing networks (for LAC and NA regions) to work effectively and develop costed recommendations.
- Identify relevant organizations that each regional node would partner with to strengthen the GAN, support delivery of the UNEP MTS and programme of work and partnerships that would help influence adaptation policy and finance.
- Develop a roadmap and timeline on how the GAN Secretariat can strengthen its regional networks and create new ones, and indicative resources needed to carry this forward.
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s degree in resource management, forestry, environment, development studies, international relations, Climate Change or a closely related field is required.
- at least 7 years of practical adaptation to climate change or international development experience working at the policy level is required.
- Experience in working and collaborating with multi-stakeholder partnerships and and working with knowledge networks.is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing, conducting and documenting stakeholder engagement including surveys/interviews is desirable.
Excellent English written communication skills, with analytic capacity and ability to synthesize project outputs and relevant findings for the preparation of quality project reports. For this post, fluency in and written Spanish is desirable
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNEP Scoping Consultant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 13 April 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.