UNEP Strategy Specialist Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNEP Kenya looking for “Strategy Specialist”. Applicants with a Advanced degree may apply on or before 21 May 2023.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system, and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
The UNEP has published a job vacancy announcement on 15 May 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Strategy Specialist to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNEP Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Embedding UNEP’s approach to poverty in a human rights-based and gender-sensitive approach, using gender-responsive and gender-transformative perspectives.
- Drawing on the lessons learned from the Poverty-Environment Initiative/Action, including from work on integrating ENR-poverty linkages into multi-dimensional poverty assessments – and the strategies of other UN agencies, such as UNDP and ILO to inform strategic direction and approach.
- Proposing a way forward to include poverty-reduction under the drivers or assumptions of the PoW three Theories of Change.
- Facilitating progress in the integration of poverty and environment issues not solely at the technical level, but also in organizational culture showing how poverty integration gives UNEP real traction with e.g., ministries of finance and development planning and other UN agencies.
- Providing key strategic messages on poverty-environment and LNOB nexus that UNEP could use to, for example, contribute to UN Secretary-General led events, such as the SDG Summit in September 2023 and the Summit of the Future in September 2024.
Qualification & Experience:
- An advanced degree in social, economic, and environmental science is required. A bachelor’s degree with an additional two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced degree.
- Minimum 10 years of proven professional experience in strategic planning, programme/project planning, development, coordination, implementation, and evaluation is required.
- Proven expertise in providing strategic advice on multi-dimensional poverty assessment and reduction, inequality, social, economic, and environmental pillars of sustainable development, and policy analysis or related fields is required.
- Experience in providing strategic advice to international organizations on policy processes for sustainable development and the integration of the social dimension and development with environment-related work is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNEP Strategy Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 21 May 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- United Nations Secretariat Chief of Section Jobs
- UNEP Senior Administrative Assistant Jobs
- UNON Nurse Jobs
- UNON Engineer Jobs
- UNODC Programme Assistant Jobs
- UNDRR Risk data Expert Jobs
- UNEP Programme Management Officer Jobs
- Human Rights Watch Great Lakes Researcher Jobs
- IRC Budget and Operations Manager Jobs
- CIFOR Senior Manager Jobs