UNEP UN – REDD Management Group Organizational Review Consultant Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNEP Kenya looking for “UN – REDD Management Group Organizational Review Consultant”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 23 March 2023.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system, and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
UNEP UN – REDD Management Group Organizational Review Consultant Jobs 2023
The UNEP has published a job vacancy announcement on 18 March 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of UN – REDD Management Group Organizational Review Consultant to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNEP Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
- The UN-REDD Programme, a joint initiative between the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), was established to bring together the UN system support for forests and climate. It is the UN joint programme on forest solutions to the climate crisis, building on the convening role and technical expertise the three afore-mentioned agencies.
- This internal exercise is focused on and intended for the Management Group (MG), which is made of a total of eight members representing managers from the three UN-REDD agencies (one member and one alternate per UN-REDD agency) and the Secretariat (the Head of the Secretariat and one programme management officer). The MG has played an instrumental role in managing operations of the UN-REDD Programme throughout the years, ensuring effective coordination of the Programme implementation between agencies.
- The objective of this exercise is to support the MG in strengthening its operational practices and processes and ensuring they are fit-for-purpose for the new phase of the UN-REDD Programme. This position is home based, under the administrative supervision of Head of the UN-REDD Secretariat and overall guidance by the UN-REDD Management Group.
Qualification & Experience:
- An advanced-level university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in International Relations, Environment, or related field is required.
- A minimum of 15 years of progressively responsible working experience in facilitation/ moderation/ negotiation processes, organizational reviews, and other aspects of business processes especially in international organisations is required.
- Skills: Strong facilitation skills, experience with organisational reviews, business processes, knowledge of climate affairs and international partnerships. Strong English writing skills are required.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this assignment, fluency in spoken and written English is required.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNEP UN – REDD Management Group Organizational Review Consultant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 23 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- WHO National Health Financing Consultant Jobs
- Human Rights Watch Researcher Jobs
- UNEP Associate Programme Management Officer Jobs
- IRC Cash and Markets Assistant Jobs
- IRC Protection Case Assistant Jobs
- UNEP One Health Programme Officer Jobs
- UN Habitat Programme Management Officer Jobs
- Bioversity International Senior Research Associate Jobs