UNEP Web and Information Technology Expert Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNEP Kenya looking for “Web and Information Technology Expert”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 21 September 2023.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system, and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
The UNEP has published a job vacancy announcement on 07 September 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Web and Information Technology Expert to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNEP Job Vacancy 2023
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the Head of the Nairobi Convention Secretariat and in close coordination with the project managers of the SAPPHIRE and the NC-SWIOFC PP projects, the consultant will be responsible for the following:
- Perform production audit of the different platforms (website, Clearing House Mechanism (CHM), Community of Practice, WIO-Symphony) and recommend a dedicated virtual private cloud web server, to be procured by the Convention.
- Migrate the different web platforms (website, CHM, Community of Practice, WIO-Symphony) to the Virtual web server and perform system upgrades to enable the platforms to be up to date with the latest technology standards to increase their performance and reliability.
- Migrate data and information from SAPPHIRE project demo projects to the CHM.
- Develop a dashboard for SAPPHIRE demo projects and activities. Similarly, for each of the Nairobi Convention projects, create a dashboard of project outputs.
- Update the user and technical manuals to incorporate the changes that have been undertaken on the clearinghouse platform.
Qualification & Experience:
- A University degree is required in computer science, information technology, website design and programming or related field is required.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in implementing interactive web-based database applications supporting dynamic online updating of content is required.
- Experience relevant programming, image manipulation tools and web tools such as HTML/XML/ASP/ASP.NET/CSS coding, Drupal, Adobe Designer, Adobe Photoshop, and ArcGIS is required.
- Experience in enabling metadata interoperability standards on both spatial and non-spatial data is desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNEP Web and Information Technology Expert Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 21 September 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.