UNESCO Director of Bureau and Representative Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNESCO Kenya looking for “Director of Bureau and Representative”. Applicants with a At least fifteen (15) years may apply on or before 28 March 2023.
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is a specialised agency of the United Nations (UN) aimed at promoting world peace and security through international cooperation in education, the sciences, and culture. It has 193 member states and 11 associate members, as well as partners in the nongovernmental, intergovernmental, and private sector. Headquartered at the World Heritage Centre in Paris, France, UNESCO has 53 regional field offices and 199 national commissions that facilitate its global mandate.
The UNESCO has published a job vacancy announcement on 15 March 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Director of Bureau and Representative to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNESCO Job Vacancy 2023
Summary of Post Functions:
Under the general authority of the Director General and the direct supervision of the Assistant Director General for the Africa priority and external relations ( ADG / PAX ), in close consultation with the Assistant Directors-General of the five program sectors, as well as with the directors of the other UNESCO regional multisectoral offices in Africa for planning, the implementation and evaluation of projects and the communication of their results, the holder will act as Director/Director of the UNESCO Regional Multisectoral Office for East Africa in Nairobi and representative ( e ) of UNESCO in Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, in Uganda, Rwanda, Seychelles and Somalia.
The incumbent will exercise his functions within the framework of the Medium-Term Strategy ( C / 4 ) and of the Program and Budget approved ( C / 5 ) of UNESCO, the Operational Strategy for the Africa Priority and the UNESCO Action Plan for the Gender Equality Priority, as well as internationally agreed development programs such as the 2030 Program and Agenda 2063, particularly with regard to their regional and subregional dimensions.
- Higher university degree (master or equivalent ) in a discipline related to UNESCO’s mandate, in public administration or in companies or in international relations, or in a related field.
- At least fifteen (15) years of professional experience in appropriate management positions with increasing responsibilities in the United Nations system, in other international or national institutions, or in the private sector, including extensive experience in diplomatic action or development issues related to UNESCO’s fields of competence, acquired in association with national or international organizations.
- Proven experience in the area of advocacy and resource mobilization.
- Proven experience in implementing successful partnerships at global, local and community levels.
- Professional experience in the fields of education, science, culture, social sciences or communication.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNESCO Director of Bureau and Representative Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 28 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- WHO National Health Financing Consultant Jobs
- Human Rights Watch Researcher Jobs
- UNEP Associate Programme Management Officer Jobs
- IRC Cash and Markets Assistant Jobs
- IRC Protection Case Assistant Jobs
- UNEP One Health Programme Officer Jobs
- UN Habitat Programme Management Officer Jobs
- Bioversity International Senior Research Associate Jobs