UNESCO Director of Office Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNESCO Kenya looking for “Director of Office”. Applicants with a At least fifteen (15) years may apply on or before 28 March 2023.
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is a specialised agency of the United Nations (UN) aimed at promoting world peace and security through international cooperation in education, the sciences, and culture. It has 193 member states and 11 associate members, as well as partners in the nongovernmental, intergovernmental, and private sector. Headquartered at the World Heritage Centre in Paris, France, UNESCO has 53 regional field offices and 199 national commissions that facilitate its global mandate.
The UNESCO has published a job vacancy announcement on 15 March 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Director of Office to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNESCO Job Vacancy 2023
Summary of Post Functions:
Under the overall authority of the Director-General, the direct supervision of the Assistant Director-General for Priority Africa and External Relations (ADG/PAX), in close consultation with the Assistant Directors-General of the five programme sectors, and with the Directors of the other UNESCO Regional Multisectoral Offices in Africa for project planning, implementation, evaluation and reporting, the incumbent will act as the Director of the UNESCO Multisectoral Regional Office for East Africa in Nairobi and UNESCO Representative in Kenya, Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Madagascar, Mauritius, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia and Uganda.
The incumbent will work within the framework of UNESCO’s Medium-Term Strategies (C/4s), approved Programmes and Budgets (C/5s), the Operational Strategy for the Implementation of Priority Africa and the Priority Gender Equality Action Plan as well as within the framework of international agreed development agendas as Agenda 2030 and Agenda 2063, in particular as regards to their regional and sub-regional dimensions.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in a discipline related to UNESCO’s mandate, public or business administration or international relations, or related field.
- At least fifteen (15) years of progressive professional experience at the appropriate management level within the United Nations system, other international, national or private sector institutions, including a wide experience in diplomatic work or development issues related to UNESCO’s areas of competence, in association with national and international organizations.
- Demonstrated experience in advocacy and resources mobilization.
- Proven partnership experience with successful implementation of partners at global, local and community levels
- Professional experience in the field of education, sciences, culture, social sciences or communication.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNESCO Director of Office Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 28 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- WHO National Health Financing Consultant Jobs
- Human Rights Watch Researcher Jobs
- UNEP Associate Programme Management Officer Jobs
- IRC Cash and Markets Assistant Jobs
- IRC Protection Case Assistant Jobs
- UNEP One Health Programme Officer Jobs
- UN Habitat Programme Management Officer Jobs
- Bioversity International Senior Research Associate Jobs