UNESCO Programme Specialist Jobs 2023 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs. UNESCO Zimbabwe looking for “Programme Specialist“. Applicants with a degree in Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) may apply on or before April 10, 2023.
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is a specialised agency of the United Nations (UN) aimed at promoting world peace and security through international cooperation in education, the sciences, and culture. It has 193 member states and 11 associate members, as well as partners in the nongovernmental, intergovernmental, and private sector. Headquartered at the World Heritage Centre in Paris, France, UNESCO has 53 regional field offices and 199 national commissions that facilitate its global mandate.
The UNESCO has published a job vacancy announcement on March 11, 2023 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Programme Specialist to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
|Recruiter||United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)|
|Position||Programme Specialist (Social and Human Sciences)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent)|
|Experience Required||Minimum Seven years|
|Application Deadline||April 10, 2023|
UNESCO Job Vacancy 2023
Overview Of the Functions of The Post
Under the overall authority of the Assistant Director-General for Social and Human Sciences (ADG/SHS) and the direct supervision of the Director of the UNESCO Regional Office for Southern Africa (ROSA) based in Harare, Zimbabwe, the incumbent will be responsible for the design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the UNESCO Social and Human Sciences Programme for the countries covered by the Office. S/he will ensure SHS’s contribution to the United Nations Country Team’s (UNCT) programmatic work and Delivering as One exercise in the countries covered by the Office. In particular, the incumbent will:
- Manage, coordinate, implement and monitor SHS programmes in the countries covered by the office, in line with the UNESCO Programme and Budget document (C/5), the UNESCO Country Programming Documents, the countries’ United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF) and other common UN strategic country instruments, particularly through capacity building, policy advice, technical assistance, and networking of relevant stakeholders in the SHS Sector’s fields of competence.
- Provide strategic and operational advice to Governments in close cooperation with the SHS Sector at Headquarters, in SHS thematic areas. Provide input, including data and statistics for the preparation of reports and briefings on the implementation of programmes and projects.
Position in Organization:
- Post Number: 6ZWSHS0001RP
- Grade: P-4
- Parent Sector: Social and Human Sciences Sector (SHS)
- Duty Station: Harare
- Job Family: Social and Human Sciences
- Type of contract: Fixed Term
- Duration of contract: 2 years
- Recruitment open to: Internal and external candidates
- Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time): 10-APR-2023
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in the field of social and human sciences, political science or a related discipline.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressive relevant professional experience in the areas of social and human sciences at national and international level.
- Experience in one or more of the following thematic areas: management of social transformations, social inclusion, intercultural dialogue, bioethics and ethics of science and technology, youth and sport.
- Experience in fund raising and resource mobilization.
- Experience in conducting research and producing research papers.
Skills and competencies
- Good knowledge of UNESCO’s work in the field, and familiarity with SHS Sector activities.
- Good analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Proven ability to communicate (in writing and oral), advocate, and negotiate with colleagues, staff and stakeholders at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Proven ability to provide high-level advice and technical support in public policy, planning and research.
- Strong sense of responsibility, tact and discretion.
- Excellent coordination and interpersonal skills, flexibility, drive and enthusiasm.
- Capacity to build and maintain effective working relations with national/local authorities, relevant institutions, intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations.
- Ability to participate effectively in high-level negotiations with internal and external partners.
- Ability to work in a team in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity to diversity.
- Solid IT skills including knowledge of office software.
- Familiarity with the work and general functioning of international organizations and/or the United Nations System.
- Excellent knowledge (spoken and written) of English.
How to Apply UNESCO Programme Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.unesco.org/job/Harare-Programme-Specialist-(Social-and-Human-Sciences)/766870202/
The Closing Date: April 10, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.