UNESCO Senior Project Assistant Jobs 2023 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs.
UNESCO Zimbabwe looking for “Senior Project Assistant”.
Applicants with a Completed secondary, technical and/or vocational may apply on or before November 20, 2023.
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is a specialised agency of the United Nations (UN) aimed at promoting world peace and security through international cooperation in education, the sciences, and culture. It has 193 member states and 11 associate members, as well as partners in the nongovernmental, intergovernmental, and private sector. Headquartered at the World Heritage Centre in Paris, France, UNESCO has 53 regional field offices and 199 national commissions that facilitate its global mandate.
The UNESCO has published a job vacancy announcement on November 08, 2023 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Senior Project Assistant to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
UNESCO Job Vacancy 2023
- Produce costed activity-based work plans, monitor budgets and track financial expenditures and their conformity to the work-plans for effective implementation of the FACE-NDC project in Zambia and the CSESSC initiative in Zimbabwe and Malawi.
- Produce, monitor and maintain financial and statistical information for the team to feed into quarterly and annual donor reports & SISTER/UNESCORE.
- Coordinate the planning, organization and implementation of meetings, events and webinars related to the programmes.
- Manage financial and other resources made available to support work plan activities including workshops or meetings to ensure proper and effective utilization in pursuit of expected results and in full compliance with UNESCO rules, policies and existing internal control systems.
- Attend and participate in internal and external meetings.
- Coordinate the preparation, organization, conducting and reporting for local and regional conferences; training courses and workshops.
- Support country-level advocacy activities to facilitate transformative behavioural change required to fight climate change.
- Support country-level advocacy activities to mainstream climate change adaptation and environmental sustainability into the education sector.
- Conduct financial reconciliation of activity funds.
- Prepare internal and external written documents and communicate effectively with all stakeholders using various media to ensure smooth implementation of work plans and achievement of programme objectives.
Position in Organization:
- Post Number: 6ZWED23 PA
- Grade: G-6
- Parent Sector: Field Office
- Duty Station: Harare
- Job Family: Education
- Type of contract: Project Appointment
- Duration of contract: 1 year
- Recruitment open to: Internal and external candidates
- Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time): 20-NOV-2023
- Completed secondary, technical and/or vocational education.
- At least eight (8) years of relevant work experience in project /program implementation and/or administration, or related field.
Skills And Competencies
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to draft correspondence and proof-read documents in English
- Experience in budgeting and project/program-based environments.
- Capacity to interact with internal and external partners at all levels with discretion and diplomacy.
- Knowledge of procurement procedures and procurement experience.
- Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment with tact and sensitivity to diversity.
- Ability to work as part of a team, to take initiative and to provide quality and timely support and services.
- Good knowledge of English (spoken and written) and fluency in the local language.
How to Apply UNESCO Senior Project Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.unesco.org/job/Harare-Senior-Project-Assistant/781963002/
The Closing Date: November 20, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.