UN Habitat Engineering and Construction Management Officer Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UN Habitat Kenya looking for “Engineering and Construction Management Officer”. Applicants with a Bachelors Degree may apply on or before 10 May 2023.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement on 28 April 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Engineering and Construction Management Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UN Habitat Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of the Planning, Finance and Economy Section and in collaboration with the Programme Management Officer of the umbrella programme, the consultant will support the Japan Supplementary Budget Kenya programme and other programmes for the duration, in coordination with the UN-Habitat Regional Offices and in close collaboration with UN-Habitat thematic Sections. The consultant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Develop activities that strengthened food security through reconstruction and rehabilitation of flood and drought resilient infrastructure.
- Enhance preparedness of local government, host and refugee communities for climate disaster impacts through early warning systems.
- Successful implementation of technical construction, monitoring and evaluation projects, and the delivery of related reports for donors.
- A minimum Recognized Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering or Architecture is a requirement in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience.
- At least 2 years experience in the field of architecture and civil engineering with direct proven experience is
- Experience of working on migration and displacement issues is considered an asset;
- Direct proven experience of infrastructure construction projects/processes is considered as asset;
- Working knowledge and understanding of the Sustainable Development Goals (and their monitoring/evaluation) and of the New Urban Agenda is an asset;
- Working experience with international development agencies and in particular the United Nations is an asset.
Fluency in English, written and verbal, is required. Knowledge of Swahili is an asset.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UN Habitat Engineering and Construction Management Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 10 May 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.