UNHCR Administrative Officer Jobs 2023 – South Africa NGO Jobs.
UNHCR South Africa looking for “Administrative Officer”.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before 28th November 2023.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a UN agency mandated to aid and protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people, and to assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country. It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with over 17,300 staff working in 135 countries.
The UNHCR has published a job vacancy announcement on 14th November 2023 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Administrative Officer to be based in Pretoria, South Africa.
- Contribute to the provision of resources (human, material and services) necessary to support the day-to-day activities of the staff in the office.
- Monitor the day-to-day personnel and administrative operations of the office.
- Provide advice on personnel and administrative policies and procedures.
- Liaise with Government and other external actors in providing vital supportive services (i.e. processing of residency, visas, tax exemptions, etc.).
- Attend inter-agency and other meetings, with specific focus on general administration, staff safety and human resources issues (i.e. common services), when requested.
- Implement processes and procedures to improve and strengthen internal controls in line with UNHCR rules and regulations.
- Coordinate the preparation of staffing and administrative budget requirements for the office.
- Participate in a competitive procurement process for selecting, awarding and issuing local contracts, in line with UNHCR regulations, rules and procedures.
- Manage contracts for the premises, cleaning and security services, and other services as and when required.
- Serve as a member of the Local Contracts Committee (LCC).
- Undertake missions to field locations to review administrative arrangements and make appropriate recommendations as required.
- Provide guidance and oversight on processes related to the mission travel of staff.
- In the absence of an HR Officer, prepare recruitment, appointments and administrative formalities concerning local staff.
- Review and approve the settlement of employee entitlements including DSA, local salaries and the Medical Insurance Plan (MIP).
- Coordinate training and capacity-building activities to staff in administrative related areas.
- In coordination with Human Resources and Field Security, undertake periodic reviews to ensure that the Office premises are set up and staff accommodation are managed in line with the organizational policies and any related issues are brought to the attention of DHR.
- Support the identification and management of risks and seek to seize opportunities impacting objectives in the area of responsibility. Ensure decision making in risk based in the functional area of work. Raise risks, issues and concerns to a supervisor or to relevant functional colleague(s).
- Perform other related duties as required.
Years of Experience/ Degree Level
For P3/NOC – 6 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 5 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 4 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
Accounting, Public Administration, Business Administration, Economics
or other relevant field.
Certificates and/or Licenses
Relevant Job Experience
At least 2 years of relevant work experience in an intergovernmental organization (United Nations or similar). Good knowledge of United Nations administrative and human resources rules and procedures. Excellent computer skills, in particular in MS Office applications.
Completion of relevant UNHCR learning programme.
SC-Inventory / Stock management
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNHCR Administrative Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://unhcr.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/………
The Closing Date: 28th November 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.