UNHCR Assistant Child Protection Officer Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. UNHCR Uganda looking for “Assistant Child Protection Officer“. Applicants with a degree in Undergraduate degree may apply on or before April 27, 2023.
The office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband.
The UNHCR has published a job vacancy announcement on April 15, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Assistant Child Protection Officer to be based in Yumbe, Uganda.
UNHCR Job Vacancy 2023
Needs Identification, Strategy and Advocacy
- Support in the formulation of the child protection key considerations in in multi-sectoral and protection specific assessments.
- Contribute to the formulation of child protection strategy as part of the operation’s broader Protection and Solutions Strategy, which incorporates age, gender and diversity analysis, identifies the protection needs and capacities of children of concern, communities and services and reflects UNHCR’s policies, standards and priorities, including the Framework for the Protection of Children.
- Ensure compliance with UNHCR’s child protection policy, priorities and commitments, as well as other aligned policies on age, gender, diversity (AGD) and accountability to affected populations (AAP), GBV, gender equality, disability and youth empowerment.
- Participate in defining context – appropriate approaches for a meaningful participation of children, adolescents and youth in the development and implementation of strategies that address key child protection priorities.
- Support the analysis of the national systems and ensure that child protection programmes complement national child protection systems and work towards the inclusion of children of concern into national child protection laws, policies and services.
Position in Organization:
- Full time
- Posted Today
- job requisition id: JR2317072
- Yumbe, Uganda
- 1 year relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or no experience with Graduate degree; or no experience with Doctorate degree.
Field(s) of Education
- International Law Human Rights International Development International Relations Anthropology Social Work Gender Studies Political Science Social Science or other relevant field. (Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
- – Experience in the field of protection of children, broader protection or social work involving children and youth, with knowledge of issues relating to child protection, education, gender, humanitarian and development issues, and GBV prevention and response.
- – Applied experience in child protection prevention and response.
- – Skills and experience in interviewing and working with children and families including on child protection case management
- – Knowledge of protection in forced displacement settings and knowledge and demonstrated use of UNHCR and Interagency child protection tools and Guidance.
- – Knowledge of the international legal and policy framework governing refugees, asylum seekers and returnees and IDPs
- – Knowledge and good understanding of the UNHCR Best Interests Procedures Guidelines
- – Experience in working with children, adolescents and youth and participatory child friendly approaches.
- – Experience implementing child protection case management and/or implementation of best interests procedures.
- – Experience working with partners.
- PR-Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD)
- IT-Computer Literacy
- CO-Cross-cultural communication
- TR-Training – Virtual and face to face
- PR-Child Protection Information Management System
- *PR-Child Protection Prevention and Response Programming
- PR-Child Protection Case Management and Best Interests Procedures
- CL-Multi-stakeholder Communications with Partners, Government & Community
- (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
How to Apply UNHCR Assistant Child Protection Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://unhcr.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Asst-Child-Protection-Officer_JR2317072?locationCountry=db69e6f2446c11de98360015c5e6daf6
The Closing Date: April 27, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More jobs
- UNHCR Assistant SGBV Officer Jobs 2023
- IRC MEAL Manager Jobs 2023
- WHO HR Assistant Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Programme Specialist Jobs 2023
- Fred Hollows Foundation Project Officer Jobs 2023
- Water Mission Evangelism and Discipleship Officer Jobs 2023
- VSO Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist Jobs 2023
- NRC Driver Jobs 2023