UNHCR Assistant GBV Officer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNHCR Ethiopia looking for “Assistant GBV Officer“. Applicants with a degree in Undergraduate Degree may apply on or before 18th June 2023.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a UN agency mandated to aid and protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people, and to assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country. It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with over 17,300 staff working in 135 countries.
UNHCR Assistant GBV Officer Jobs 2023
The UNHCR has published a job vacancy announcement on 10th June 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Assistant GBV Officer to be based in Bokh, Ethiopia.
UNHCR Job Vacancy 2023
- Function as the GBV focal point for the area of responsibility and coordinate implementation of GBV programmes for the operation.
- Liaise with relevant local authorities and other UN agencies to shape and enhance the related working groups as well as technical meetings.
- Provide technical support and guidance to operational and implementing partners to ensure good quality implementation of projects in line with the operations GBV Strategy and global GBV minimum standards.
- Ensure monthly reporting, including GBVIMS and proGres v4 statistics with trends which informs policy, projects development.
- Stay abreast of political, social, economic and cultural developments that have an impact on the protection environment.
- Promote mainstreaming of Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) across all sectors and activities such as health, safety and security, psychosocial and legal shelter, WASH, and Energy and coordinate with Programme and Protection sections to ensure that GBV risk mitigation is incorporated in activities of partners in all sectors.
- Provide technical guidance on integration of the survivor-centred approach into PSEA complaints mechanisms and enhance access of SEA survivors to existing GBV services.
- Support the integration of GBV risk mitigation into the role of UNHCR staff across all sectors
- Support the initial needs/gaps and capacity assessments on GBV in close coordination with any on-going joint/common assessments being conducted in the early stages of an emergency response while ensuring compliance with ethical standards for data collection related to GBV.
- Provide support to include GBV prevention and response programming in humanitarian action plans while providing guidance to other sectors for the inclusion of GBV risk mitigation into their plans.
- Contribute to the planning and monitoring for multi-sectoral GBV programming using the Results Framework and Focus in close collaboration with Programme and different sectors.
- Contribute to strengthening of GBV coordination mechanisms throughout the operation.
- Contribute to establishment and/or strengthening of new strategic and innovative partnerships for GBV both with community-based, women-led, local, national, and international organizations.
- Provide support in mapping existing services to address GBV in the various affected areas, including identifying community capacities and structures for potential partnership.
- Advocate with senior management in UNHCR and other partners, to ensure prioritization of GBV prevention and response as a life-saving response.
- Monitor GBV programs implemented by UNHCR and partners (both implementing and operational) and adjust programming as required.
- Monitor the implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and global standards within all GBV programs, including GBV case management.
- Contribute to the identification of durable solutions for persons of concern through voluntary repatriation, local integration and where appropriate, resettlement.
Position in Organization:
- Assistant GBV Officer
- Location: Bokh, Ethiopia
- Time type: Full time
- Posted on: Posted Yesterday
- job requisition id: JR2320907
- Deadline: 18th June 2023
Qualification & Experience:
- Undergraduate Degree.
- Minimum One Years Experience.
How to Apply UNHCR Assistant GBV Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 18th June 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.