UNHCR Assistant Procurement Officer Jobs 2023 – Zambia NGO Jobs.
UNHCR Zambia looking for “Assistant Procurement Officer”.
Applicants with a Graduate Degree may apply on or before November 23, 2023.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a UN agency mandated to aid and protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people, and to assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country. It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with over 17,300 staff working in 135 countries.
The UNHCR has published a job vacancy announcement on November 10, 2023 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Assistant Procurement Officer to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
UNHCR Job Vacancy 2023
- Support the procurement process to ensure timely, cost-effective and adequate delivery of commodities and services to support operational needs.
- Conduct market surveys, identify, assess and select potential vendors.
- Ensure high quality standards for goods and services procured by UNHCR by developing and maintaining specific internal control and self-evaluation criteria/procedures.
- Apply UNHCR’s sourcing and procurement strategy when planning for purchase of important commodities and services.
- Review the requisitions, specifications and required delivery.
- Prepare the tendering documents (Request for Proposals, terms of references) ensuring that the bidding process is in line with the established UN/UNHCR Financial Rules and Procedures and procurement regulations and guidelines.
- Analyse bids, prepare/review financial evaluation and coordinate the entire evaluation process.
- Manage negotiations with suppliers, develop and prepare contracts for procurement of goods and services by defining terms and conditions, ensuring best quality/delivery terms and pro-active management of associated risks.
- Develop relevant contacts and build constructive relations with UN agencies, UNHCR Partners, government authorities and other partners as applicable.
- Manage the vendor related processes including identification, assessment and selection of vendors based on their capability for delivering commodities and services. Ensure vendor and item master databases are up to date.
- Support tender processes and manage the preparation of proposals for award of contracts to the relevant Committee on Contracts.
- Conduct periodic contract performance reviews in conjunction with requesting units and provide feedback to requestors and vendors.
- Guide the offices should they need additional office space or extensions to their office leases, lease hold improvements or other construction. Carry out the procurement aspect of the establishment of office leases or extensions.
- Coordinate with CBI stakeholders the design and implementation of the market assessment and market monitoring to determine if CBI is option. Carry out the procurement action to contract Financial Service Providers (FSP).
- Advise operations and colleagues on partner procurement multifunctional team role and Partner Procurement Qualification processes and requirements.
- Identify partners for supply chain projects based on objectives, priorities, strengths and resources of the UNHCR Partner and/or contractor, according to criteria consistent with UNHCR rules and regulations.
- Ensure accurate and comprehensive records on supply activities and provide timely reports and updates both periodically and on request.
- Provide guidance to Field Operation on a variety of procurement matters.
- Liaise, as appropriate, with the requesting units at HQ and in the field, to provide procurement advice on relevant policies and procedures and clarify terms of reference/specifications.
Position in Organization:
- Position: Assistant Procurement Officer
- locations: Lusaka, Zambia
- time type: Full time
- posted on: Posted Today
- job requisition id: JR2329393
Education and Experience:
- 1 year relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or no experience with Graduate degree; or no experience with Doctorate degree
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
How to Apply UNHCR Assistant Procurement Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: November 23, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs:
- Save the Children Director Program Development and Quality Jobs 2023
- FHI 360 Director of Finance and Operations Jobs 2023
- UNESCO National Project Officer Jobs 2023
- FAO Technical Field Coordination Specialist Jobs 2023
- FAO Operations and Administration Specialist Jobs 2023
- WorldFish Consultant Jobs 2023