UNHCR Assistant Registration and Identity Management Officer Jobs 2023 – South Sudan NGO Jobs.
UNHCR South Sudan looking for “Assistant Registration and Identity Management Officer”.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before 26th November 2023.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a UN agency mandated to aid and protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people, and to assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country. It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with over 17,300 staff working in 135 countries.
The UNHCR has published a job vacancy announcement on 14th November 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Assistant Registration and Identity Management Officer to be based in Juba, South Sudan.
- Assist in the implementation of appropriate registration strategies and methodologies for populations of concern in compliance with the protection strategy of the operation and ensuring that registration standards are met.
- Assist in the drafting and implementation of operation-specific SOPs for all aspects of registration in accordance with applicable standards and policies, including provisions for the protection of individual data and prevention and identification of fraud.
- Assist in the implementation of appropriate procedures and systems for the assurance of quality registration data through continuous registration and verification exercises, including in the securing and distribution of identity and entitlement documents.
- Assist in conducting regular data quality checks to monitor the accuracy of data collected.
- Assist in the development of mass information campaigns to ensure that persons of concern have accurate information on registration procedures.
- Liaise with Government authorities and partners as necessary for delivery of assistance and other registration-related activities.
- In coordination with the operational data management staff, assist in the timely consolidation and drafting of statistics and registration data reports on persons of concern.
- Contribute to training and internal capacity building of UNHCR staff in registration, including on-the-job coaching and guidance.
- Enforce compliance by UNHCR staff engaged in registration and related activities with UNHCR standards and policies and operation specific SOPs for all aspects of the registration operation.
- In consultation with the supervisor, make decisions relating to the day-to-day operations of the registration unit and ensure registration procedures are efficient and effective.
- Draft and submit reports and statistics related to registration.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P1/NOA – 1 year relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or no experience with Graduate degree; or no experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
Information Technology, Social Sciences, International Relations, Law
or other relevant field.
(Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Certificates and/or Licenses
Relevant Job Experience
Excellent computer skills particularly in data management.
Prior experience in registration or individual case management, including use of UNHCR proGres software, in refugee and internal displacement situations.
Strong understanding of the principles of and concepts of international protection and UNHCR.
Training in registration, operational data management or information management desirable.
IT-IT Refugee Systems & Applications
PR-International protection concepts and principles
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNHCR Assistant Registration and Identity Management Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://unhcr.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/………
The Closing Date: 26th November 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.