UNHCR Associate Protection Officer Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
UNHCR Uganda looking for “Associate Protection Officer”.
Applicants with a degree in Graduate degree may apply on or before November 28, 2023.
The office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband.
The UNHCR has published a job vacancy announcement on November 16, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Associate Protection Officer to be based in Lamwo, Uganda.
UNHCR Job Vacancy 2023
- – Stay abreast of political, social, economic and cultural developments that have an impact on the protection environment.
- – Promote International and National Law and applicable UN/UNHCR and IASC policy, standards and codes of conduct.
- – Foster their consistent and coherent interpretation and application through mainstreaming in all sectors and /or in clusters in applicable operations.
- – Assist in providing comments on existing and draft legislation related to persons of concern.
- – Provide legal advice and guidance on protection issues to persons of concern; liaise with competent authorities to ensure the issuance of personal and other relevant documentation.
- – Conduct eligibility and status determination for persons of concern in compliance with UNHCR procedural standards and international protection principles.
- – Promote and contribute to measures to identify, prevent and reduce statelessness.
- – Contribute to a country-level child protection plan as part of the protection strategy to ensure programmes use a child protection systems approach.
- – Contribute to a country-level education plan.
- – Implement and oversee Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all protection/solutions activities which integrate AGD sensitive procedures.
- – Oversee and manage individual protection cases, including those on GBV and child protection. Monitor, and intervene in cases of refoulement, expulsion and other protection incidents through working relations with governments and other partners.
- – Recommend durable solutions for the largest possible number of persons of concern through voluntary repatriation, local integration and where appropriate, resettlement.
- – Assess resettlement needs and apply priorities for the resettlement of individuals and groups of refugees and other persons of concern.
- – Participate in the organisation and implementation of participatory assessments and methodologies throughout the operations management cycle and promote AGD sensitive programming with implementing and operational partners.
- – Contribute to and facilitate a programme of results-based advocacy through a consultative process with sectorial and/or cluster partners.
- – Facilitate effective information management through the provision of disaggregated data on populations of concern and their problems.
- – Promote and integrate community-based approaches to protection and contribute to capacity-building initiatives for communities and individuals to assert their rights.
- – Support activities in the area of risk management related to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, fraud, case-processing, data protection, and human rights due diligence at country level.
- – Participate in initiatives to capacitate national authorities, relevant institutions and NGOs to strengthen national protection related legislation and procedures.
- – Intervene with authorities on protection issues.
- – Negotiate locally on behalf of UNHCR.
- – Decide priorities for reception, interviewing and counselling for groups or individuals.
- – Enforce compliance of staff and implementing partners with global protection policies and standards of professional integrity in the delivery of protection services.
- – Enforce compliance with, and integrity of, all protection standard operating procedures.
- – Perform other related duties as required.
Position in Organization:
- Full time
- Posted Yesterday
- job requisition id: JR2330106
- 3 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 2 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 1 year relevant experience with Doctorate degree
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
How to Apply UNHCR Associate Protection Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: November 28, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- UNHCR Associate Operational Data Management Officer Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Programme Associate Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Environment Associate Jobs 2023
- DRC Area Manager Jobs 2023
- Abt Associates MEL/CLA Director Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Associate Human Resources Officer Jobs 2023
- IRC Driver Jobs 2023
- IGCP Waiter/Waitress Jobs 2023