UNHCR Associate Supply Officer Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
UNHCR Uganda looking for “Associate Supply Officer”.
Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before November 28, 2023.
The office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband.
The UNHCR has published a job vacancy announcement on November 16, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Associate Supply Officer to be based in Arua, Uganda.
UNHCR Job Vacancy 2023
- – Support all activities pertaining to the supply chain function including planning, sourcing, transport, shipping, customs clearance, warehousing, asset and fleet management, as applicable.
- – Support the procurement process to ensure timely, cost-effective and adequate delivery of commodities and services to support operational needs.
- – Identify partners for supply chain projects based on objectives, priorities, strengths and resources of the UNHCR Partner and/or contractor, according to criteria consistent with UNHCR rules and regulations.
- – Develop relevant contacts and build constructive relations with UN agencies, UNHCR Partners, government authorities and other partners as applicable.
- – Ensure accurate and comprehensive records on supply activities and provide timely reports and updates both periodically and on request.
- – Manage the vendor related processes including identification, assessment and selection of vendors based on their capability for delivering commodities and services. Ensure vendor and item master databases are up to date.
- – Oversee tender processes and manage the preparation of proposals for award of contracts to the relevant CoCs.
- – Ensure the quality standards for commodities and services are respected by vendors in relation to the needs of the location and tender/purchase specifications.
- – Prepare plans for delivery of relief and other non-food items according to the operational needs and regularly update the information in UNHCR IT systems.
- – Apply UNHCR’s sourcing and procurement strategy when planning for purchase of important commodities and services.
- – Ensure timely customs clearance of consignments and establishment & maintenance of warehousing according to “best practices” and UNHCR rules and regulations.
- – Manage an efficient system for the release, and redeployment of goods.
- – Oversee and coordinate as required the release and transportation and of relief and other non-food items.
- – Monitor the quality and accuracy of supply chain related data in relevant business systems. Compile and analyse statistical information, identify trends and developments in supply chain related matters that will assist in decision making
- – Implement supply operations based on interpretations of the situation and conclusions to how the operation can be best implemented.
- – Resolve difficulties in the local supply chain by finding solutions to problems and bottlenecks, and provide regular reports on supply chain activities, the status of requests and the availability of items in the supply chain.
- – Disseminate, promote commitment to and monitor compliance with UNHCR’s global policies, standards and guidance on supply chain management.
- – Support effective information flow in the supply chain and adapt process and documents to the prevailing environment.
Position in Organization:
- Full time
- Posted Yesterday
- job requisition id: JR2330111
- Location: Arua, Uganda
- 3 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 2 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 1 year relevant experience with Doctorate degree.
- SC-PeopleSoft Supply Chain Management
- SC-Supply Planning
- SC-Warehouse Management
- SC-Asset Management
- SC-Fleet Management
- UN-UN/UNHCR Administrative Rules, Regulations and Procedures
- SC-UN/UNHCR Procurement Rules and Procedures
- IT-Computer Literacy
- SC-Customs clearance
- (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
How to Apply UNHCR Associate Supply Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: November 28, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- UNHCR Associate Reporting Officer Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Associate Protection Officer Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Associate Operational Data Management Officer Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Programme Associate Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Environment Associate Jobs 2023
- DRC Area Manager Jobs 2023
- Abt Associates MEL/CLA Director Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Associate Human Resources Officer Jobs 2023