UNHCR Head of Field Office Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
UNHCR Uganda looking for “Head of Field Office”.
Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before November 28, 2023.
The office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband.
The UNHCR has published a job vacancy announcement on November 16, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Head of Field Office to be based in Kyaka, Uganda.
UNHCR Job Vacancy 2023
- – Monitor and report on the implementation of refugee conventional responsibilities and international obligations of the local authorities Vis a Vis the population of concern to UNHCR within the given geographical area; based on local situations/developments make appropriate recommendation to the UNHCR Representative/HoSO.
- – Advocate and promote UNHCR standards concerning the treatment of asylum seekers, refugees and returnees as well as IDPs, where applicable; Advocate, promote and encourage the concerned authorities and local opinion makers to uphold established UNHCR standards that have become the international norms.
- – Ensure that the basic needs of the concerned population are properly assessed with the participation of the beneficiaries themselves, the host governments and/or the competent Implementing partners and/or UNHCR itself.
- – Subject to the needs, ensure that the planning, formulation and budgeting of identified assistance projects are done as per UNHCR programme cycle; upon approval of assistance project, ensure the timely implementation and rigorous monitoring of identified assistance activities
- – Ensure through the subordinate staff that all deadlines for monitoring and reporting of UNHCR operational activities (i.e. include assistance as well as Administrative) are met on a regular basis.
- – Manage all UNHCR resources, both human, financial/material, at an optimum level for the wellbeing of the concerned population and the UNHCR staff.
- – Ensure that all security measures of UNHCR office (and residential, where ever applicable) compounds are always up to date; any security breaches and/or potential security threat should be reported immediately to competent UN security coordinator in the country.
- – Ensure that staff welfare, both in terms of working and living conditions, are maintained at a satisfactory level within the constraints in the operational area; this requires remaining current in health and medical facilities locally available and evacuation options available in a moment of medical urgency.
- – Guide, coach and advocate the subordinate staff to maintain highest standards of conduct and behaviour thorough one¿s own practice and deeds.
- – Prepare and submit regular reports, both verbally and written, to the UNHCR Representative/HoSO. In the event of substantial telephone conversation that leads to specific action or non-action, it should be recorded and share with the other party.
- – Represent UNHCR in inter-agency fora and with local authorities in the AOR.
- – Enforce compliance with UNHCR¿s global protection, programme, finance, human resources and security policies and standards.
- – Submit project proposals for assistance to refugees and other persons of concern to UNHCR Representation or Sub-Office in coordination with local authorities and NGOs.
- – Perform other related duties as required.
Position in Organization:
- Full time
- Posted Yesterday
- job requisition id: JR2330064
- 6 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 5 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 4 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree.
- IT-Computer Literacy
- IT-Microsoft Office Productivity Software
- UN-UNHCR’s Mandate/Policy and Global Strategic Priorities
- MG-Office Management
- HR-Administration of Staff Contracts and Benefits
- PR-Principles and Procedures, operational arrangements/assistance
- (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
How to Apply UNHCR Head of Field Office Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: November 28, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- UNHCR Associate Supply Officer Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Associate Reporting Officer Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Associate Protection Officer Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Associate Operational Data Management Officer Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Programme Associate Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Environment Associate Jobs 2023
- DRC Area Manager Jobs 2023
- Abt Associates MEL/CLA Director Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Associate Human Resources Officer Jobs 2023
- IRC Driver Jobs 2023