UNHCR Livelihood and Economic Inclusion Officer Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
UNHCR Uganda looking for “Livelihood and Economic Inclusion Officer”.
Applicants with a degree in Advanced University degree may apply on or before November 28, 2023.
The office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband.
The UNHCR has published a job vacancy announcement on November 16, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Livelihood and Economic Inclusion Officer to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
UNHCR Job Vacancy 2023
- – Facilitate the economic inclusion of refugees in coordination with relevant external partners such as line ministries, private sector and development actors in accordance with UNHCR Global and Country level policies, priorities, and strategies, in particular the Global Compact on Refugees.
- – Strengthen partnerships with relevant stakeholders to enhance economic inclusion of UNHCR POC. This includes advocating with public and private sector services providers to include UNHCR POC in supporting services (business development, micro-finance, training, saving accounts, poverty alleviation and social protection, etc.).
- – Build on UNHCR databases to support regular information sharing and coordination among different humanitarian, developmental and governmental stakeholders. This includes supporting the implementation of socioeconomic and wealth ranking surveys to inform targeting, monitoring and facilitation of development programmes.
- – Conduct necessary assessments in collaboration with relevant private and public stakeholders, including impact assessments on local economies and surveys that help to identify investment and funding opportunities that enhance the economic inclusion of UNHCR POC.
- – Work with economic development agencies to help adapt their programmes to become inclusive of UNHCR POC and with the private sector to enhance inclusion of UNHCR POC in their labour force and supply chains.
- – In case UNHCR is implementing specific livelihoods activities, strengthen, guide and monitor the livelihoods interventions to help ensure they are market-based, and that the role of UNHCR has been strategically determined in consideration of its comparative advantage vis-à-vis other partners.
- – Perform other related duties as required.
Position in Organization:
- Full time
- Posted Yesterday
- job requisition id: JR2330061
- Location: Kampala, Uganda
- 6 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 5 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 4 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree.
- At least six (6) years of demonstrated experience leading and coordinating the Livelihoods and economic Inclusion sector and activities and partners in varied field contexts
- Experience in working in partnership with private sector, NGOs, UN organisations, development actors, and government authorities
- Technical Competency and experience in business development services; financial inclusion; agriculture and food security; vocational and technical education and training, etc
- Experience in facilitating the economic and financial inclusion of refugees in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders including the private sector.
- Knowledge of entrepreneurship building, cash assistance, community contracting, employment services, microfinance, safety net programmes linked to access to employment and self-employment programme
- Experience in developing partnership with the private sector companies and/or business organizations
- Excellent concept and proposal writing and presentation skills
- Knowledge of current approaches and developments in the livelihoods sector, including broader UN processes on the SDGs and the Global Compact on Refugees.
- CO-Drafting and Documentation
- MG-Project Management
- LV-Livelihood Project Development and Implementation
- LV-Microfinance and Banking sector analysis
- MG-Management Planning
- (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
How to Apply UNHCR Livelihood and Economic Inclusion Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: November 28, 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- UNHCR Head of Field Office Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Associate Supply Officer Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Associate Reporting Officer Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Associate Protection Officer Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Associate Operational Data Management Officer Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Programme Associate Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Environment Associate Jobs 2023
- DRC Area Manager Jobs 2023
- Abt Associates MEL/CLA Director Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Associate Human Resources Officer Jobs 2023