UNHCR Senior Protection Assistant Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNHCR Ethiopia looking for “Senior Protection Assistant“. Applicants with a degree in High School Diploma may apply on or before 11th June 2023.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a UN agency mandated to aid and protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people, and to assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country. It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with over 17,300 staff working in 135 countries.
UNHCR Senior Protection Assistant Jobs 2023
The UNHCR has published a job vacancy announcement on 27th May 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Senior Protection Assistant to be based in Asosa, Ethiopia.
UNHCR Job Vacancy 2023
- Consistently apply International and National Law and applicable UN/UNHCR and IASC policy, standards and codes of conduct.
- Provide counselling on protection issues to PoC; liaise with competent authorities to ensure the issuance of personal and other relevant documentation.
- Support activities in protection related AGD based programming with implementing and operational partners.
- Conduct preliminary information gathering and interviews in support of eligibility, status determination, durable solutions and social needs assessment.
- Contribute to measures to identify, prevent and reduce statelessness.
- Contribute to a country-level child protection plan as part of the protection strategy.
- Contribute to a country-level education plan for PoC as part of the protection strategy.
- Monitor Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all protection/solutions activities.
- Participate in individual protection case management including cases of GBV and child protection. Monitor and report on cases of refoulement, expulsion and other protection incidents.
- Assist in identifying durable solutions for PoC in voluntary repatriation, local integration and where appropriate, resettlement.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and evaluation of protection related AGD based programming with implementing and operational partners.
- Draft reports, routine correspondence, update relevant databases and compiling statistics within the Area of Responsibility (AoR).
- Contribute to initiatives to enhance national and local protection capacities.
- Select PoC for preliminary interviews and decide which relevant information to share.
- Enforce integrity in the delivery of protection services by local implementing partners.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Position in Organization:
- Senior Protection Assistant
- Location: Asosa, Ethiopia
- Time type: Full time
- Posted on: Posted Yesterday
- job requisition id: JR2319911
- Deadline: 11th June 2023
- High School Diploma.
- Minimum One Years Experience.
How to Apply UNHCR Senior Protection Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 11th June 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.