UNHCR Senior Supply Coordinator Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. UNHCR Uganda looking for “Senior Supply Coordinator“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before May 15, 2023.
The office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband.
The UNHCR has published a job vacancy announcement on May 02, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Senior Supply Coordinator to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
UNHCR Job Vacancy 2023
- – Assist the operations within the AoR in the overall management of UNHCR’s supply chain activities in an effective and efficient manner by providing technical advice and support to operations across the range of supply functions. For example; sourcing, procurement, fleet, assets, logistics, warehousing, customs clearance, transport, air operations, construction procurement and contracting, vendor performance, partner performance, overall supply reporting.
- – Rapidly respond to changing needs in an emergency mobilizing adequate resources (financial, human and material).
- – Be actively involved in the selection of partners and the design of partnership activities as stated in the PPAs across the supply functional areas. In close coordination with Programme and Project Control functions, ensure that the delegation to Partner Procurement is done in accordance to policy, observing the best interest of the organization. Support offices in determining if there is a comparative advantage over direct implementation and/or the commercial sector. Monitor performance of partners regarding Supply functions and support offices in resolving performance. Escalate to HQ concerns regarding transparency, ethics and handling of funds/resources.
- – Coordinate fleet planning and right sizing for operations within the AoR in line with operational needs and existing policies and procedures.
- – Membership in the appropriate asset management board to ensure timely disposal of obsolete vehicles and other assets.
- – Coordinate and track the responses to deadlines for reporting on various supply activities such as; physical verification of inventory, physical verification of assets, timely submission of vehicle incidents and submission of claim documents, coordinate audit responses on supply recommendations with the operation and SMS.
- – Conduct trainings / workshops with UNHCR staff or partners or suppliers on specific supply topics and monitor impact of such.
- – Coordinate, manage and support the procurement processes to ensure timely, cost-effective and adequate delivery of goods, services and cash based interventions (CBI) to support operational needs.
- – Advise offices within the AoR on supply chain structures to meet the needs of the local environment and to safeguard that the right level and number of supply staff in the operations given the volume, risk and context.
- – Ensure that all major areas where UNHCR is exposed to loss of economic value such as warehouse stocks, vehicle accidents, goods in transit, etc. are covered by insurance.
- – Develop and continually improve logistics and procurement planning, for instance by utilizing the DEMANTRA system and reviewing the Country Financial Report, in order to enhance transparency and efficiency. Monitor procurement forecasts versus actual requirements so as to improve any shortcomings in the process.
- – Ensure adequate capacity to respond to an emergency and develop contingency plans for the supply function as part of the operational plans. Maintain the Supply contingency plans based on operational needs and diagnostics. Prepare strategies and plans for procurement and delivery of relief items and/or CBI according to UNHCR’s short-, medium- and long-term requirements to support operations.
- – Develop a supply chain strategy, structure and budget that is aligned with the UNHCR and SMS strategy is inserted in the operations plans, COP planning and reporting.
- – Provide guidance on and conduct market research to expand local and regional sourcing.
- – Establish a network of relevant contacts and build constructive relations with government authorities, implementing partners, UN agencies and others, at an appropriate level, to foster mutual cooperation and developing trust to ensure timely delivery of relief items avoiding bottlenecks.
Position in Organization:
- Full time
- Posted Yesterday
- job requisition id: JR2317665
- 12 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 11 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 10 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree.
Field(s) of Education
- Supply Chain Management;
- Business Administration;
- International Commerce;
- or other relevant field.
Certificates and/or Licenses
- Certificate from Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supplies, e.g. CFIPS, CMIPS, MCIPS
Relevant Job Experience
- Essential: 8 years should be in international capacity in Supply, preferably in a UN agency.
- Desirable: Knowledge and working experience of PeopleSoft/MSRP Supply Chain applications.
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
How to Apply UNHCR Senior Supply Coordinator Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://unhcr.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Snr-Supply-Coordinator_JR2317665?locationCountry=db69e6f2446c11de98360015c5e6daf6
The Closing Date: May 15, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.